PDA

View Full Version : Black Trim Dressing Help 2006 Civic

Pages : [1] 2 3

tennisjon2002
11-01-2007, 07:12 PM
I need something to help out the black trim on my 06 civic si. All of the black trim looks great except the part below the windshield, i can`t ever seem to get it to have a deep shine. I currently use Mothers Back to Black and occasionally I try dressing it with Maguires endurance tire gloss. These both make it look ok, but it quickly dries out and gets dull. What products do you recommend? I will try to snap a picture tomorrow.

stiffdogg06
11-01-2007, 07:13 PM
- Top of the line`s Bumper & Molding Renew

- Black Wow

Ain`t got much to input. I use those two and only those two. Until I buy Forever Black to try.

tennisjon2002
11-01-2007, 07:16 PM
oh and if it helps I plan on probably buying either from Excel Detail or Autogeek. (or any other place that sells ONR pretty much)

stiffdogg06
11-01-2007, 07:21 PM
oh and if it helps I plan on probably buying either from Excel Detail or Autogeek. (or any other place that sells ONR pretty much)

Top of the line sells ONR and that bumper/molding renew. Make sure to get some GR-40. It`s the best trim CLEANER you will ever buy.

sdat1333
11-01-2007, 09:01 PM
Forever black worked well for me

Only had it on for a week or so tho, so can`t speak on the durability. So far its held up through a wash and 3-4 days of rain with absolutely no fading.

BigAl3
11-01-2007, 09:07 PM
haven`t had experience with either of these (might want to give it a try), but have yet to be dissappointed with any DG product...

Contains a blend of polymeric synthetic polymers in a solvent base. Cleans and shines rubber bumpers and moldings. Also recommended for flat black surfaces.

http://www.duragloss.com/products/DG_0271.jpg

Is a blend of synthetic siloxanes. This convenient aerosol spray gives a "wet look" appearance with one easy application. Works great on tires (black or whitewall), bumpers, moldings, door jams and AC vents.

http://www.duragloss.com/products/DG_0265.jpg

Al Buff
11-01-2007, 09:55 PM
Forever black is that.. forever! i had it on my truck for almost a year now and no signs of fading. However, it is hard to apply on bigger parts like bumpers and such without streaking or uneveningness, but does wonders on door handles.

the duragloss looks tempting. do they sell it at carquest? water resistant, we`ll see...

im using Black Again.. it never says how long it last on the bottle and its like gel, so i doubt it`ll last... my main concern is dripping and sagging onto the paint when it rains or gets wet. i had a big problem with that before with dressing.

Cleaning Fool
11-01-2007, 10:00 PM
A bottle of Kiwi liquid black shoe polish from the drug store does the trick for me on any faded trim

BigAl3
11-01-2007, 10:16 PM
do they sell it at carquest?

yep, DG products are sold there. also, DG products can be purchased at exceldetail and AG as well...

ron231
11-02-2007, 01:54 AM
- Top of the line`s Bumper & Molding Renew

- Black Wow

Ain`t got much to input. I use those two and only those two. Until I buy Forever Black to try.

STAY AWAY FROM FOREVER BLACK IT ABSOLUTELY RUINED MY TRIM!!!

distrbd
11-02-2007, 05:24 AM
I highly recommend Poorboy`s Trim restorer,put 1 layer let it dry ,wipe put 2nd layer or 3rd,wipe you will be amazed at the result.

Poorboy`s Trim Restorer: Touching up the trim with Poorboy’s Trim Restorer provides the final polishing step in your quest for the perfect finish. (http://www.autogeek.net/pbtr16.html)

joshtpa
11-02-2007, 07:07 AM

I have used forever black on dozens of cars including my own. And never had any problems with it at all. It looks great and never fades.

sdat1333
11-02-2007, 11:24 PM

care to elaborate? The only potential problem I could see is uneven application, which can be tricky on the larger pieces, but if u get a wider foam brush to apply it with I don`t see it as a big problem.

AtomicBlueCivic
11-03-2007, 12:43 PM
Hi all!

I`ve been lurking for a few months now. Thought I should finally contribute.

Regarding the trim, I know what you are talking about, I had the same problem. What I do is use 2 coats of Back-to-Black. I let it sit for a few hours and come back and finish off with Optimum Protectant Plus. Seems to do a good job on extending the look of B2B. B2B brings back the darkness, but OPP gives it a more even finish and protection.

I have to admit though the trim below the windshield is the hardest to keep clean b/c dirt seems to always want to party there. I call it the dirt crackhouse of my car.

Once I finish with my OPP, I plan use topping it with 303. Still experimenting at this time.

tennisjon2002
11-03-2007, 12:53 PM
I ordered some poorboys trim restorer from excel detail, I will let u guys know how it works out.