PDA

View Full Version : Water Restrictions!! Need Rinseless Wash

Pages : [1] 2 3

tennisjon2002
11-01-2007, 06:34 PM
I live in NC and we are under mandatory water restrictions. I was able to wash my car at school, but that is ending Monday with an automatic $500 fine if they catch you :grrr

I am now in need of a rinse less wash, and I was wondering what you recommend, I have heard of several products that have given impressive results, but I don`t recall what they are...

todd@bsaw
11-01-2007, 06:36 PM
Optimum No Rinse

howareb
11-01-2007, 06:40 PM
Optimum No Rise is my choice also. It is the best. You have to order it online.

You might be able to find ProtectAll Quick Wash locally at Camper World or an RV Center. It works well also. Just not as well as Optimum.

EclassBenz
11-01-2007, 06:44 PM
definatly Optimum No Rinse. Great Stuff. Cleans and leaves a nice look.

i12flytoday
11-01-2007, 06:44 PM
I am in the same boat here in Charlotte. I use and have had great luck with Optimum No Rinse, as well as DP 4 in 1. Hopefully we will get some more rain pretty soon and I will be able to use my foam gun again.

imported_weekendwarrior
11-01-2007, 06:53 PM
I live in NC and we are under mandatory water restrictions. I was able to wash my car at school, but that is ending Monday with an automatic $500 fine if they catch you :grrr

I am now in need of a rinse less wash, and I was wondering what you recommend, I have heard of several products that have given impressive results, but I don`t recall what they are...

I live in NC also, and sent you a PM. If you are in the Charlotte area, I`ll tell you where you can get rinseless wash locally.

tennisjon2002
11-01-2007, 06:55 PM
Ok after looking back that is what I was looking for, I have heard nothing but raves about it.

On that note, how do you all recommend applying it? Right now when I wash I usually use a sea sponge and absorber, but im thinking I should take some extra precautions with ONR?

imported_weekendwarrior
11-01-2007, 07:08 PM
Ok after looking back that is what I was looking for, I have heard nothing but raves about it.

On that note, how do you all recommend applying it? Right now when I wash I usually use a sea sponge and absorber, but im thinking I should take some extra precautions with ONR?

http://autopia.org/forum/hall-fame/32078-qew-tutorial-not-56k-friendly-part-1-a.html

Read over this users guide, and substitute ONR everywhere you see QEW. Per our PM conversation, I`ll email you some other instructions tomorrow, with some "tricks" I have found from using this stuff for a while now.

Bert
11-01-2007, 07:11 PM

I would be willing to bet you like ONR so much that you won`t go back to a tradition wash. I know I have.

Bert
11-01-2007, 07:12 PM
I am in the same boat here in Charlotte. I use and have had great luck with Optimum No Rinse, as well as DP 4 in 1. Hopefully we will get some more rain pretty soon and I will be able to use my foam gun again.

How do you like Detailer`s Pride 4 in 1? Do you like it as much as ONR?

BigJimZ28
11-01-2007, 09:21 PM

all the info you need:

http://autopia.org/forum/car-detailing/85532-since-others-posting-how-i-wash-cars-threads-here-mine.html?highlight=wash+cars

i12flytoday
11-01-2007, 09:35 PM
How do you like Detailer`s Pride 4 in 1? Do you like it as much as ONR?

I have only used it once so far, but I feel it was the same. I`m going to try it again this weekend. With both products I took extra care to wash a larger area than I would be drying, until i was able to overlap washed areas. This worked very well, and I had no dirt at all on my drying towel. Both products left the surface glossy and clean. But I always QD after anyway, so I can`t say which was better with gloss, but neither scratched or marred the surface, nor did either remove any protection from what I could tell.

Bert
11-05-2007, 02:36 PM
I have only used it once so far, but I feel it was the same. I`m going to try it again this weekend. With both products I took extra care to wash a larger area than I would be drying, until i was able to overlap washed areas. This worked very well, and I had no dirt at all on my drying towel. Both products left the surface glossy and clean. But I always QD after anyway, so I can`t say which was better with gloss, but neither scratched or marred the surface, nor did either remove any protection from what I could tell.

Thanks for the reply.

Milestones
11-05-2007, 03:02 PM
I live in Charlotte too.

+ 1 for ONR.

I started using ONR about 3 months ago when the drought starting getting worse and I`ve been using it exclusively ever since. Absolutely great product.

I don`t think I will go back to a traditional wash when the drought/water restrictions are over (hopefully soon).

Boozman
11-05-2007, 03:15 PM
I live in Atlanta and we are on no outside water at all, so I`ll be trying the QEW