PDA

View Full Version : Zymol User`s

Pages : [1] 2

Wasatch
11-01-2007, 12:45 PM
Was thinking about getting one of these waxes from them: Jaguar, Titanium, or Creme. How necessary is it to use HD Cleanse with their products? Can Werkstatt Prime Acrylic or Z-AIO be ok? How about just putting over Werkstatt AJ or Z-2 Pro? Any other info you would care to share would be appreciated.

Mikeyc
11-01-2007, 01:00 PM
IME Zymol does not "stick" very well to paint that has a sealant on it. It just seems to totaly wipe off after application.

So, I would not use a sealant or an AIO with a sealant component before hand. However, you definitely do not have to use HD-Cleanse before hand. I use Menzerna polishes to remove defects before applying Zymol. Also, in the past I have used Poorboy`s Pro Polish as a pre-cleaner before applying Zymol.

CalgaryDetail
11-01-2007, 01:09 PM
firstly, out of those waxes I would say try titanium it is a wicked wax. I love it. It acttuly promted me to get vintage :D

And i agree with mikeyc, zymol does not play well with others, its a wax ment to be alone.

One of the great things about zymol is its optical range (i stole this fromyou lbls1), when mixing products you change that range ergo changing the look of the wax.

titanium will not last as long as a sealent, howeer it have great durability. I have goten more then 6 weeks in calgarys winter, this included snow, rain, rail, and heat. It saw it all. After 6 weeks there was still beading, i just wanted more.

I would say to use hd-cleasne ro a similar product. I have tired a few paint cleansers and the easiest to work with relative to the results is victoria wax lite cleanse, its very similar to hd-cleanse but is not as picky.

but back on topic. I would not use and AIO or a sealent as a base for any zymol

Wasatch
11-01-2007, 01:36 PM
Thanks for the info. How about Vanilla Moose, any bonding issues with that? Is HD Cleanse a finicky product to use? If you can think of some more other cleaner products, please list them.

CalgaryDetail
11-01-2007, 01:40 PM
Thanks for the info. How about Vanilla Moose, any bonding issues with that? Is HD Cleanse a finicky product to use? If you can think of some more other cleaner products, please list them.

i cannot comment on vailla mosse,

hd cleanse is very finaky. Its hard to get the right amount, to much its a mess, to little and it dosent work.

Some other cleaning products

pinnacle cleansing lotion

4 star cleansiong lotion

VW lite cleanse

hd-cleanse

swissvax cleaner fluid.

umm thats all off the top of my head but with a little more work i could go on for hours :2thumbs:

Mikeyc
11-01-2007, 01:47 PM
I think Calgary put it well. I would not use anything under Zymol. IME it changes the look and not for IMHO the better. I would try one of the paint cleaners he mentions before hand. Aside from some fillers these cleaners should not leave anything behind on the paint that would be a problem.

HD-Cleanse is a bit of a PITA to use though. It stains towels brown, can be a bear to remove and dries out pretty quickly. It does smell nice though (like cocoa) and does a good job cleaning the paint and making it feel smooth. I`ve not used any of the other pre-cleaners. So, I can`t comment on those.

lbls1
11-01-2007, 10:12 PM
Calgary and Mikeyc said it so well; Can`t really explain it better.

Zymol works best on well prepped paint with no traces of a sealant or lsp. You can use hd cleanse, but you can feel safe with using a very good and/or trustworthy cleaner and polish that you prefer.

imported_Picus
11-01-2007, 10:15 PM
I`d go with HD cleanse or another paint cleanser, like Swissvax Cleaner Fluid, Pinnacle Paintwork Cleanser, or P21S Paintwork Cleanser. I wouldn`t do a straight up glaze or a sealant under an EG.

I personally like Pinnacle a lot, reminds me of HD cleanse but easier to use and cheaper.

Accumulator
11-02-2007, 10:59 AM
I personally like Pinnacle [Paintwork Cleansing Lotion] a lot, reminds me of HD cleanse but easier to use and cheaper.

PCL is very good stuff for what it is. User-friendly too.

danponjican
11-02-2007, 12:37 PM
I heard that Meguiar`s Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner works well as a substitute for HD Cleanse, although I have no personal experience. From the product description, it does seem like a compatible product though.

http://www.meguiars.com/estore/products/product_A3016.jpg (http://www.meguiars.com/?auto-paint-cleaners/Deep-Crystal-System-Paint-Cleaner)

joshtpa
11-02-2007, 12:42 PM
I use P21S Paintwork Cleanser before Zymol, anytime I have used it.

CalgaryDetail
11-02-2007, 12:48 PM
I heard that Meguiar`s Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner works well as a substitute for HD Cleanse, although I have no personal experience. From the product description, it does seem like a compatible product though.

http://www.meguiars.com/estore/products/product_A3016.jpg (http://www.meguiars.com/?auto-paint-cleaners/Deep-Crystal-System-Paint-Cleaner)

deep cystal is alot stronger of a paint cleanser, it is desgined to replace clay, since there is the 3 step system.

Hd-cleasne is not, its more of a glaze with slight cleansers, something like the p21s or pinncal cleansing lotion would bemroe on par, they are not as strong asthe deep cystal system.

Just my opion ofcourse (and yes I have used it for those wondering)

Wasatch
11-02-2007, 01:41 PM
I bought some P21S Paintwork Cleansing Lotion today.

steelwind101
11-02-2007, 01:54 PM
All Zymols are best over a non sealed paintwork.

P21s CL should be ideal!!

I machine polish, RMG then Destiny.

Geoff

imported_Picus
11-02-2007, 04:32 PM
I bought some P21S Paintwork Cleansing Lotion today.

That`ll do it.