PDA

View Full Version : First Click and Brag!

elmy3111
10-31-2007, 11:18 PM
Hey guys, I have been browsing around here for a while now but never had the guts to post any pics since everyone does AMAZING work. So here are some pics!

2004 TL with 26,000 miles. LOTS of scratches and swirls, front hood had some of the worst oxidation i`ve seen and only 26,000 miles!!!! Clearly someone wasn`t on quality control at the factory....:think:

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i91/elmy311/PA250442.jpg

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i91/elmy311/PA250445.jpg

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i91/elmy311/PA250443.jpg

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i91/elmy311/PA250438.jpg

In terms of process...I only do the absolute BASIC work at a very low price...so all my customers know that there cars may not come out 100%. Most come out really well though and I think thats why I have a 2 month waiting list and have done over 200 cars in the past 7 months.

jdubb12
11-01-2007, 09:22 AM
that looks very good for just a basic job.

elmy3111
11-01-2007, 10:58 AM
thanks Jdubb. I got those results from just using

-Megs crystal wash

-Armorall Wheel Cleaner

-Black Magic Tire Wet for tires and wells

-windows got Stoners

-Mud flaps got Back to Black

-interior got warm water wipedown, Mr. Clean eraser for seats, scuff marks, and door bottoms

-leather treated with Armorall leather gel

Thats about it, like I said i only do the basics. Most people around here honestly don`t want to spend $150+ on their cars so thats where I come in!

imported_smprince1
11-01-2007, 11:22 AM
Looks like you do a much more throrough clean-up than the local car wash ... that`s probably why you have such a backlog:bigups

You mentioned oxidation, swirls, and scratches... but I didn`t see anything to address those in your product list. What do you use?

elmy3111
11-01-2007, 12:39 PM
DOY! sorry guys long night ...I usually just put on two coats of Nu Finish but on this one i mixed it with Color X and put it all on by hand. It took out a good chunk of the scratches out and maybe about 70% of the swirls ...the hood and trunk were really in rough shape though. She said she has a habit of putting her laundry basket on the trunk of the car before she opens it so thats obviously why that was so bad...but the hood looked like it wasn`t sprayed right...and she said there was never any paint work done so I have idea what was going on there. I was an idiot and didn`t take any befores but the difference was night and day and the lady was amazed when she saw the car! I have loads of other pics to put up that I really think you guys will enjoy...when i get the time I will post them.

Thanks again for the comments, I really appreciate them.

imported_JoshVette
11-01-2007, 01:14 PM
Car looks really good, do you do all the polishing by hand or use a machine? PC or rotary?

rundatrack
11-01-2007, 02:03 PM
DOY! sorry guys long night ...I usually just put on two coats of Nu Finish but on this one i mixed it with Color X and put it all on by hand. It took out a good chunk of the scratches out and maybe about 70% of the swirls ...the hood and trunk were really in rough shape though. She said she has a habit of putting her laundry basket on the trunk of the car before she opens it so thats obviously why that was so bad...but the hood looked like it wasn`t sprayed right...and she said there was never any paint work done so I have idea what was going on there. I was an idiot and didn`t take any befores but the difference was night and day and the lady was amazed when she saw the car! I have loads of other pics to put up that I really think you guys will enjoy...when i get the time I will post them.

Thanks again for the comments, I really appreciate them.

Looks good but just need some before and after of what was going on

Also correction with ya hands.....:nervous:

3wide
11-01-2007, 02:23 PM
great first click and brag, 2 month back log is great too. it`s good being busy, where are you at and how much would you charge for a job like that? just a observation but you`re scary close to the curb in the second picture:nervous2: nu finish huh? :tumblewee i`ve used it too, good for chrome wheels, found better sealers for the paint. keep up the good work and picture posting.

:usa

Autofan
11-01-2007, 04:31 PM
Very nicely done.

Old Pirate
11-01-2007, 04:40 PM
If that`s a basic detail, then what is your full detail looks like. Looks great!.......:usa

BigAl3
11-01-2007, 04:53 PM
She said she has a habit of putting her laundry basket on the trunk of the car before she opens it so thats obviously why that was so bad...

http://smiliesftw.com/x/ionono.gif

btw... good job, especially doing it by hand! :bigups

elmy3111
11-01-2007, 05:08 PM
hahah I have a rotary but I was afraid to take it to the paint...it was unusually soft??? so i figured better be safe than sorry! As for the curb...it was the angle of the camera...that and the fact that the curbs in my development are stupid big so it makes it look like I was close, but i sware i wasn`t! I`ll post some before and afters of some other cars shortly!

And pricing wise...i did the TL for $50 (i know that`s crazy but remember its the basics....no sealers, no compounding, and no clay unless its absolutly needed) and i`m loacted in nePA.

Thanks for all the responses guys...glad to see you are enjoying the pics. I will be sure to post more cars with before and afters!

White lexus 23
11-01-2007, 06:05 PM
looks really good awesome job!