PDA

View Full Version : just bought menzerna

jdubb12
10-31-2007, 12:46 PM
This will be my first time using it, i will be using a udm. on the site they show them using a 6 inch line of the SIP and i have read on here to use a dime or nickle size dot, why such a big difference? I will also be using 106ff.

Bert
10-31-2007, 02:41 PM
This will be my first time using it, i will be using a udm. on the site they show them using a 6 inch line of the SIP and i have read on here to use a dime or nickle size dot, why such a big difference? I will also be using 106ff.

Whenever I see someone using a six inch line, it seems like they are always using a rotary rather than a DA. I guess rotaries need more product, I don`t know.

stiffdogg06
10-31-2007, 08:30 PM
Either it be a UDM/PC/Rotary. For SIP I use quarter to PRIME the pad and then after that I use about a nickel.

For 106ff its far less.

SVR
10-31-2007, 11:02 PM
The site has most likely just taken the instructions off the bottles, which states six inch line for first pass with fresh pad.

You may need more for edge pads as they are more porous than LC`s

For me, 4 to 5 drops then two or three

jdubb12
11-01-2007, 09:17 AM
great thanks for the good info.

DJ_JonnyV
11-01-2007, 10:01 AM
Yeah, you`ll find it varies from car to car, machine to machine, polish to polish, pad to pad, etc. I use a lot fo Menzerna on my Flex RO buffer and start with a few quarter size drops on a 6.5" pad, and then usually go to 2 smaller drops from there on. I probably still err on the side of too much polish, but it seems to be working for me so far with Menzerna and the Flex.

SVR
11-02-2007, 01:20 AM
Just do a little trial and error until you get the results you like

We all have differences on how long we want a polish to work for and other factors