PDA

View Full Version : Nail Scratches Under Door Handle?

JohnLINY
10-30-2007, 11:20 PM
I did a search but didn`t find anything. For the pull out handles like on a Grand Cherokee or Suburban how do you get rid of the nail scratches under the handles?

I would figure you have to do it by hand due to the limited space. What product(s) and method works best? I use Menzerna with a rotary. I don`t think they would work too well by hand. How about Megs Scratch X? Thanks for the help.

BigAl3
10-30-2007, 11:27 PM
use scratchx with a foam pad and do a few applications with a good amount of pressure...

corvettecrazy
10-30-2007, 11:35 PM
I`ve found that the vast majority of nail scratches will come out with something as mild as mothers cleaner wax. (you know...those little mostly useless bottles that come with the clay bars)

Beyond that I have used megs cleaner wax, scratchX, OP, and similar products to remove them sucessfully.

imported_themightytimmah
10-31-2007, 01:26 AM
I always liked powergloss by hand followed by optimum polish by hand.

SVR
10-31-2007, 07:15 AM
A strong polish by hand followed by glare pro to give the area a glassy finish

DJ_JonnyV
10-31-2007, 08:50 AM
I`ve been using 1z Paint Polish by hand, but seems like just about anything with a little cleaning/bite to ie would work.

zzzzdoc
10-31-2007, 10:47 AM
I`ve been using 1z Paint Polish by hand, but seems like just about anything with a little cleaning/bite to ie would work.

:2thumbs: :xyxthumbs

inov8ter
10-31-2007, 11:32 AM
I`ve found that the vast majority of nail scratches will come out with something as mild as mothers cleaner wax. (you know...those little mostly useless bottles that come with the clay bars)

Beyond that I have used megs cleaner wax, scratchX, OP, and similar products to remove them sucessfully.

What he said. I always use either the Mothers cleaner wax or the Meg`s cleaner wax. Works every time, and you can get it OTC. Also like he said, a small bottle of it comes in either of the two Clay kits.!!:2thumbs: