PDA

View Full Version : Some more questions

Pages : [1] 2

1badtaco
10-30-2007, 10:32 PM
Ok I am dire need of new pads for my PC. I currently have the following polishes, dacp, megs #9, S100 SEC, and Klasse AIO

I have some moderate imperfections/swirls in my pearl white subaru legacy, that I think I caused lol

I was going to go with DACP, followed by #9 than AIO and topped with Klasse SG

So what pads should I purchase and also if anyone has anyone polish recommendations versus what I have I`m open to suggestions

Also if the #9 step is a waste let me know

Thanx

Anthonys

stiffdogg06
10-30-2007, 10:54 PM
Ok I am dire need of new pads for my PC. I currently have the following polishes, dacp, megs #9, S100 SEC, and Klasse AIO

I have some moderate imperfections/swirls in my pearl white subaru legacy, that I think I caused lol

I was going to go with DACP, followed by #9 than AIO and topped with Klasse SG

So what pads should I purchase and also if anyone has anyone polish recommendations versus what I have I`m open to suggestions

Also if the #9 step is a waste let me know

Thanx

Anthony

Honestly, I love the LC Flat Pad. I also like the LC CCS pads.

I`ve never used Meguiars polishes, so I can`t comment on those. But those LC pads are top notch.

1badtaco
10-30-2007, 11:07 PM
thanks. I was thinking about the LC so what colors for the polishes? Also I think I`ll be picking up so polycharger since its on sale over at AG

1badtaco
10-31-2007, 12:32 AM
ok guys need some opinions on these steps/combos

I was going to start with the dacp and an LC 6.5 Yellow Pad, than the #9 with the LC 6.5 Orange Pad and than the AIO with a LC 6.5 white and I might grab a grey pad to apply the SG. Plus I grab another white pad for my s100 SEC.

What do you guys think, I`ll probably order when I wake up in the morning

1badtaco
10-31-2007, 03:59 PM
Anyone??

Bump

NSXTASY
10-31-2007, 04:21 PM
Anyone??

Bump

Personally, I wouldnt put a 6"+ pad on a PC, grab some of the LC CCS Pads from Danase, they are 5", and work great.

Use an Orange or Green with DACP then follow with a white and a finish polish.

1badtaco
10-31-2007, 04:27 PM
well the backing plate that came with my pc is 6".... what is the downfall of the 6"+ pad besides size?

BigJimZ28
10-31-2007, 04:43 PM
well the backing plate that came with my pc is 6".... what is the downfall of the 6"+ pad besides size?

the smaller the pad the more cut

so it will take you longer to remove the defects with the larger pads

NSXTASY
10-31-2007, 04:47 PM

I wouldnt say its a downfall, just a personal preference. You have flexible BP right? Not the BP that came in the box?

In my experience the PC bogs and fights too hard to spin larger pads. I`ve only had success with 5" and smaller pads, 4" are the only way I can correct easily with the PC. I have 4", 5", 6", 6.5", 7.5", and 8", and have tried the 6/6.5`s.

Some swear by the 6" .

1badtaco
10-31-2007, 04:47 PM
ok i guess ill go with 5 inch pads and a new backing plate . so what pads should i go with? and does dacp, #9 and than aio sound good or would the #9 be a waste of time thanx for all the help guys.

NSXTASY
10-31-2007, 04:50 PM
ok i guess ill go with 5 inch pads and a new backing plate . so what pads and does dacp, #9 and than aio sound good or would the #9 be a waste of time thanx for all the help guys

I dont mean to talk you out of the 6 inch, if you already have a good BP, you might want to stay with it, just IME, it takes a bit longer to work with.

As long as they are LC, all the colors are pretty much the same. I dont know anything about #9, but DACP, Finish Polish, AIO, SG is a good plan.

1badtaco
10-31-2007, 04:50 PM
my bp is a porter cable brand bc it came with it when i bought it a few years ago

BigJimZ28
10-31-2007, 04:51 PM
ok i guess ill go with 5 inch pads and a new backing plate . so what pads should i go with? and does dacp, #9 and than aio sound good or would the #9 be a waste of time thanx for all the help guys.

the AIO will remove the #9

NSXTASY
10-31-2007, 04:51 PM
my bp is a porter cable brand bc it came with it when i bought it a few years ago

Uhh, If it looks like what came with my PC 7424, you definitely want a new one. Does it have velcro?

If you go through Danase, there is a Forum Discount.

1badtaco
10-31-2007, 05:02 PM
yeah it is the bp that came with my pc but the velcro still sticks great, also my counterweight says use with 6 inch pad only so do i need a new counterweight too?