PDA

View Full Version : I Need YOUR Opinion!!!

Specialized_Det
06-29-2005, 09:33 PM
Hello all,

I have a 2000 black Eddie Bauer Explorer. I take very good care of it, waxing it regularly and washing it about once a week. Well, I`ve decided to do a full detail on it.

I am starting by claying it, then, with the new PC I am about to order, applying SSR1 to remove the light swirls I have on my hood and then top with Klasse AIO. What does everyone recommend to top it all off with?

Also, do most of you buy a liquid wax, or a paste wax? As of now I have always used paste wax, but I`m wondering if I should now use a liquid wax being that I`m going to order a PC.

Please feel free to give me any comments or suggestions on the process I have picked out. If you guys think it sucks, let me know. If you think something should be changed, let me know. But please, let me know what I should top it all off with.

Thanks in advance!

GregCavi
06-29-2005, 09:37 PM
I woudl reccomend SSR 2.5 or 2 becuase SSR 1 wont remove to much defects. SSR1 is very light stuff. So go with 2.5 and then 1 and then AIO. You can top it with any sealant or carnauba you want. Liquid or paste is just a personal preference. I like paste becuase unlike liquids they dont get stuck into tight areas as bad.

Greg

BlackSunshine
06-29-2005, 09:47 PM
PAste will actually last longer than the liquid as well. I would recommend doing the whole car though....if you have swirls on the hood, I`m willing to bet it`s everywhere else as well....especially with black. And what Greg said.....2.5 for sure followed by 1. HAve fun.

Craigster
06-30-2005, 07:05 AM
Here`s a thread I posted about a Black Mustang that was pretty bad. The paint color and type should be the same as yours.

http://www.detailcity.com/showthread.php?t=12871

Poorboys EX did a great job on the solid black.