PDA

View Full Version : my first UDM detail

sahiwal007
10-30-2007, 06:29 PM
hey i finally recived my udm (swirl package) (Menzerna Ultimate Detailing Machine Ultimate Shine Kit with FREE BONUS! (http://www.autogeek.net/menzerna-ultimate-detailing-machine-kit.html)) and tommrow im going to start my first car, a black 2001 Lexus Lx470, it has alot of bird etchings and water spots on the hood, and has moderate swirls from bad washes :cry: today i clayed the car and wow what a difference it made, the paint feels silky smooth. Tommrow i will start off with the orange pad with the merzerna intensive polish to remove the swirls/etchings/spots is there anything i should be worried about? im a little nervous lol dont wanna mess the jeep up, any suggestions on how i should do it?

thanks

Old Pirate
10-30-2007, 06:47 PM
Try a white pad first and see how well it works on the Lexus, if it doesn`t work to well then move up to the orange pad for more cutting and maybe get some SIP and some OC. I found SIP works better for me. You can follow-up with 106FF, but remember to do a wipedown (IPA) on your first panel and check it in the sun before you go and do the rest of the Lexus. Just take your time and enjoy, watch out on speed 6 on the UDM if your not ready.

ZeroDfx
11-01-2007, 12:43 PM
You have all the right tools, so have at it; nothing to be afraid of. If you`ve done any reading here you`ve prob`ly learned enough to know how to proceed. I`m sure you`ll be pleased with the results. Let us see pics when you`re done.

Nick

jdubb12
11-01-2007, 12:48 PM
I feel your pain i will be starting my first one in about week with a udm good luck let us see your results.

sahiwal007
11-01-2007, 07:51 PM
hey, i completed the swirl removal today 90% of the swirls are gone :) but why do i see very very tiny dots? and also i never knew that the udm makes soo much vibration and especially noise at speeds 4-6 lol