PDA

View Full Version : Winter time

blownvert
10-30-2007, 09:25 AM
What do people do for detailing there cars? I think im just going to keep taking it to the pressure washer once and awhile to spray dirt off and probably not even dry it. Or maybe that laser carwash and spray the wheel brightner on before, but that crap is a rip off for $10 I think it is. I have black also. :nervous:

imported_weekendwarrior
10-30-2007, 09:27 AM
ONR or QEW. Wash right inside the warmth of your garage.

BobD
10-30-2007, 09:31 AM
I just take my truck through the touchless all winter. It won`t fit in my garage.

bwlucas
10-30-2007, 10:18 AM
I just bought some ONR as well to try this winter, but on my soft Acura paint, I`ve noticed that it still creates swirls even when using the two bucket method.

I just take my truck through the touchless all winter. It won`t fit in my garage.

I`m just north of you in the Birmingham area. Do you know of any good touch-less car washes in the area that aren`t at a gas station?

DaGonz
10-30-2007, 10:32 AM
I am fortunate.. I can bring it to the firehouse after office hours to wash and detail it!

imported_GregCavi
10-30-2007, 10:35 AM
Another vote for ONR. There is a chance that you will get some light marring after extended use, but IMHO, it`s better than abrasive salt on your paint. I like to spray off my vehicle at the coin-op first, then ONR in the garage.

Greg

blownvert
10-30-2007, 03:08 PM
whats is ONR? Its not on the decoder.

Eliot Ness
10-30-2007, 03:14 PM
whats is ONR? Its not on the decoder.Optimum No-Rinse Wash and Shine:

Optimum No-Rinse Wash and Shine (Gallon) (http://store.danase.com/opnowaandshg.html)

No Rinse Wash & Shine (http://www.optimumcarcare.com/norinse.html)

ChristR
10-30-2007, 04:51 PM
Before the winter sets in, I put sealant and Carnuba wax on. Then I go to the selfwash-facility and clean it with clean water and put spraywax on 2-3times a week.

Costs about 2USD pr time. A small amount of money for keeping your car clean.