PDA

View Full Version : some advise needed

bwalker25
10-30-2007, 07:54 AM
I am a decent arsenal of polishes and compounds and I need some help decieding which to use on my own car :)

the last time I polished it was with HTHC with a yellow pad and went straight to finishing, well it was late and I didn`t see all the swirls and micro marring I put back in the paint. With 5 coats of UPGP I have the protection I want and the amazing gloss of a product that just boggles the mind (thanks davidb).

Will polishing remove UPGP without issue? Which products should I use to take care of the issues at hand on my car, there are some scratches, and I dont have any pictures of my car showing the issues I`ve talked about.

Arsenal includes: HTHC,HTFC, HTSC (smooth cut), that purple glaze from chemical guys (forgot the name), yellow ccs pad, orange lc pad, white ccs pad. On a CD Silver Focus what should be the order of polishing?

I was thinking Orange pad with Fast Cut, followed by a white pad with smooth cut?

thoughts suggestions?

imported_themightytimmah
10-30-2007, 11:53 AM
That`s a good combo right there. You might want to try EZ Creme under Ultima - I don`t think it`ll have any ill effects, but if it does you can always strip it off.

bwalker25
10-30-2007, 09:33 PM
thanks, i`ll see if I can get that done this weekend ;) sinse its not raining anymore

bwalker25
10-31-2007, 08:41 AM
hmmm, the glaze will fill the imperfections right? maybe I can do that, so i wont make the wifey mad...