PDA

View Full Version : Enhancing the colour

SVR
10-29-2007, 03:33 AM
last week while the shop was quiet I got out most of my paint correction products and did tests (2 x 2 ft sections taped up) with my rotary with LC pads to see just what difference there was between them all

Lineup

Aussie Gold diamond finish, clear cut & showroom glaze

Sonus SFX

menzerna 91L, FP II, SIP, 106, FP 1

OHC, OP

Driven Finish Restorer & Auto Polish

Prima Swirl (with added glycerin)

The Scratchinator : My own custom mixes - banish, abolish, zero dfx

Magnum Top Gear : old no longer made polishes

Dinitrol 7020 (swedish brand porta knows about)

Soft 99

Jeff`s Prime

PPG Paints 2K Single Cut & Final Glaze 2000

Poorboys SSR/Chem Guys

The car was a light blood red MG F race car from japan (we have six of them) with heaps of scratches and swirls

Sonus SFX - Provided a richer, darker shade of red with perfect defect removal and LSP ready finish from each polish

The Clearcoat clarity was very good and if your wanting a darker finish, this may be the way to go

OHC & OP worked fantastically with a flawless finish that even removed the pitts in the paint and the wetness it gave was far greater than Sonus.

However it made the colour a slightly lighter shade of red and was very bright

You could see every part of your face incredibly easy whereas the Sonus was so rich and dark, it was like being in a dark room, very hard to see the colour of my eyes.

I loved the wetness of the Optimum duo.

Menzerna was next and while providing an even richer shade of red than that of sonus, had far superior clarity. An almost maroon red. complete defect removal

It was like I had used prime acrylic by hand over the top of sonus.

However the wetness was not as good as the others.

I did notice better depth though.

Next was the Scratchinator lineup

Scratch Banish and Swirl Abolish gave the darkest and richest finish of the group.

it was the richest red there is and I could not see where the paint was, just the colour

Terrific depth and 100% swirl free. Wetness and clarity were great also

I finished off with zero dfx by hand as it`s a hand polish that bridges the gap between hand and machine polishing with chemical polishes and abrasive polishes all in one

Last for the day was Prima Swirl with LC orange pad on a section covered in sanding scratches

It removed these scratches and did the best correction job yet with a very long working time. magnificent colour lift, brought out the fresh off the gun look and then enhanced that further.

Finally, I gave prime acrylic and driven to perfection a go by hand on the sonus (prime) and OHC/OP (driven) areas.

Talk about incredibly depth. Prime was amazing and it gave a clarity to the reflections I`ve never seen. like the paint was a perfectly flat sheet of glass

Driven provided so much wetness that the paint looked like a pool of water

The next day Aussie Gold came out to play and I was extremely pleased with Clear Cut but Diamond Finish sucked. Causes swirl marks no matter what pad and speed you use it at. Lucky it was a free sample.

Showroom glaze finished off the deal.

This is a quick couple pics after aussie gold clear cut & SG

Not very good really but I was tired and hungry.

I will be back with results of the other products once I get some more time.

If you ever want to change the shade of your cars paint a little, prima swirl works terrific

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n106/DreamMachines/mgfrearquarterafteraussiegold.jpg

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n106/DreamMachines/mgfrearquarter3.jpg

Dad`s MG F racecar rear quarter after menzerna and glare pro polish

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n106/DreamMachines/mgfrearquarter2.jpg