PDA

View Full Version : Poli-Seal and Wax

Ern
10-27-2007, 03:33 PM
Is there any issues with using a wax on top of poli seal? I was gonna use 2 layers of IW845. If there is what can I do, I use it to clean the paint and some minor blemishes.

imported_mobenzowner
10-27-2007, 04:10 PM
Shouldn`t pose any problems at all...........

kustomsol
10-27-2007, 04:20 PM
The chief issue with wax over sealant is that most waxes lasts only a short time compared to almost any sealant. Colinite is one of the longer lasting "waxes", up to 6 months). You will lose most of the wax "layer" in a few weeks, particularly in hot weather. Most sealants last months. I use wax over a sealant when I want short term added protection (like a trip to Florida during love-bug season). You will find a number of good sealants in the product review database section of this site.

A fair number of us, even the ones who don`t like or use their sealants, agree that Zaino`s Z-2, Z-5, Z-CS provide the most lasting protection. And, putting sealant back on over wax doesn`t work well, so unless you stay with Colinite, you will have to do a good cleanup before applying any sealant application to remove any residual wax.

Here`s a thread from May of 2006: http://autopia.org/forum/detailing-product-discussion/71411-colinite-replacement-polly.html

Here`s what one detailer wrote from that thread: "If im not mistaken Collinite waxes are more like "resins" I have used Collinite IW845 for a while. Its my favorite go to "wax" when I need something that is very easy to apply/remove and has VERY GOOD durability without having to apply the Zaino..."

Good luck. Let the forum know what you decide, and please post you results.

And yes, I`m a Zaino-holic.