PDA

View Full Version : Paste Waxes

Pages : [1] 2

Wasatch
10-27-2007, 09:18 AM
Which paste waxes are not WOWO? I would like to try some that you can apply to the whole vehicle and then come back later to remove. Please list your choices.

Eliot Ness
10-27-2007, 09:43 AM
Which paste waxes are not WOWO? I would like to try some that you can apply to the whole vehicle and then come back later to remove. Please list your choices.I can`t think of a paste wax that I haven`t applied to the whole vehicle first. The key seems to be a thin application, and I almost always use a PC. The paste waxes I can think of doing it that way are: Meg`s #16, Collinite 476, the Natty`s line (White & Blue, haven`t tried the Red yet), and even Souveran. Souveran is the exception in that I apply that by hand, and I never thought of doing the whole car until Accumulator (I think) mentioned doing it that way. Hmmmm, seems like there should be at least a couple of more in that list but I can`t think of them at the moment.

You know John, I can`t think of a wax (paste or liquid) or a sealer that I haven`t applied to the whole vehicle before buffing off.

Frito Bandito
10-27-2007, 10:00 AM
Max Wax, Megs #26, Natty Red......can`t think of anymore...........

s2skimon
10-27-2007, 10:18 AM
i have used the wowo method with great success with natty`s blue and pinnacle souveran

Glossmaster
10-27-2007, 11:15 AM
FK Pink Wax is a paste wax that you let "flash" before removing.

SilverSeven
10-27-2007, 11:15 AM
Megs Gold Class paste & Megs Cleaner Wax paste & Megs Nxt paste. All are not WOWO. Can applied to the whole car then wipe off.

I also love the Swisswax Onyx and Saphir, which are so easy to wipe off even applied thick. I usually wax the whole car then let it haze and wipe off.

Collinite 476S, M16 & NB. I use WOWO method.

I dunno about the rest tho, as I`ve haven`t try them. :)

Wasatch
10-27-2007, 11:24 AM
Thanks for all the choices so far. Keep them coming though. I will apply by hand. Again, I want something that I can apply to the whole vehicle first, then remove, say 30-60 mins. later. Thanks.

Accumulator
10-27-2007, 07:17 PM
..Souveran is the exception in that I apply that by hand, and I never thought of doing the whole car until Accumulator (I think) mentioned doing it that way..

Correct. After some experimenting (prompted by Mike Phillips) I no longer use W-O-W-O with Souveran, or any other of my numerous waxes. I allow the following paste waxes to dry completely before buffing them off (and I like the results better than with W-O-W-O; yeah, I *did* compare the results of the two methods ;) ): Souveran, #16, 3M Showcar Paste, Collinite 476S, P21S.

I`ve left them all on for at least an hour with no problems, and I`ve left Collinite (both 476S and 845) on for a day or longer before buffing them off...no problem.

As Eliot Ness said, as long as you do a properly thin application it works great; it`s only when far too much wax is applied that you start to get problems.

Wasatch
10-27-2007, 09:16 PM
This is nice to know Accumulator. I have some Paste Glaz that I was thinking about getting rid of. I will put it on thin and see how it goes. I do love the smell of it though, lol Come to think of it I try to put everything on thin, so as not to have a PITA trying to remove.

Yoko
10-27-2007, 09:46 PM
Hi guys,

How`s it goin everybody?

What`s WOWO anyway?

Sorry, I`m new here.

Anyway, I`m from Washington.:dance

Thanks,

Yoko.

Frito Bandito
10-27-2007, 10:49 PM
WOWO = Wipe On Wipe Off

Just means that the wax is wiped on then wiped off immediately instead of letting it haze.

Oh and welcome to Autopia!

zzzzdoc
10-27-2007, 11:03 PM
Correct. After some experimenting (prompted by Mike Phillips) I no longer use W-O-W-O with Souveran, or any other of my numerous waxes. I allow the following paste waxes to dry completely before buffing them off (and I like the results better than with W-O-W-O; yeah, I *did* compare the results of the two methods ;) ): Souveran, #16, 3M Showcar Paste, Collinite 476S, P21S.

Do you buff off the Souveran by hand after that period of time, or by machine?

Accumulator
10-28-2007, 12:44 PM
Do you buff off the Souveran by hand after that period of time, or by machine?

I just did it by hand; this was only on limited areas for purposes of experimentation (only use Souveran on the Jag and it`s been in the shop since forever).

It woulda buffed off fine by machine, but it certainly wasn`t necessary. It buffed off just as easily as it woulda had I W-O-W-O`ed it. All a matter of not applying too much, but it wasn`t like I had to really *work* at that; I still applied a lot more than I woulda with KSG. Just don`t go goofy-thick and you should be OK.

John Styrnol- It`s been since forever since I used PG, but I`d expect it to work out fine.

Wasatch
10-28-2007, 01:12 PM
I traded for it about 3 years ago, never used it yet, lol

Accumulator
10-28-2007, 01:30 PM
You might really like it; I preferred Souveran even on light/metallic colors but I think I`m in the minority on that :nixweiss