PDA

View Full Version : Why Didn`t I Think of This Idea!?

BlackElantraGT
10-27-2007, 12:44 AM
I was online window shopping again (it sucks not being able to spend money!) and came across this new product from The Edge. I just want to smack myself upside the head for not even coming up with the idea sooner: a microfiber apron with velcro and pockets. It doesn`t get any simpler than that. I really am an idiot. Doh!

YouTube - New Microfiber Shoulder Holder Apron (http://youtube.com/watch?v=JqnOcTdACQQ)

Ralliart16
10-27-2007, 01:00 AM
haha thats pretty cool

ron231
10-27-2007, 01:11 AM
Only $15 w00t!!!

PTRon
10-27-2007, 06:06 AM
Oh great, now I have to spend even more money. Seriously though, just what I`ve been looking for.

a.k.a. Patrick
10-27-2007, 08:27 AM
What if your technique involves wiping the polish off after every panel? Would almost seem to be a hassle? I use to wear a Porter cable Cotton apron, but I just didnt like the feel of it, period. And MF is so sticky to begin with! Very creative though, hats off to Arron for coming up with it....

Setec Astronomy
10-27-2007, 08:42 AM
Maybe that`s shadybreal`s invention that he was so secretive about.

Eliot Ness
10-27-2007, 09:04 AM
Maybe that`s shadybreal`s invention that he was so secretive about.I forgot all about that one. Seems like his invention had something to do with car washing:
Look for something from Edge in coming months that will make you use the bucket as a trash can. That`s all I can say right now, but hopefully I`ll be able to fill everyone in soon!As far as the apron, if I was going to wear an apron that would be a good choice, but like Patrick I find them more of a hassle. I do appreciate the heads up on the new product, thanks for posting that BlackElantraGT.

Brian_Brice
10-27-2007, 09:17 AM
Cool idea but I remove the polish per section=hassle, not to mention it seems most of us are so comfortable with our techniques from keep the cord away I really don`t need one of those. Great idea though.

BlackElantraGT
10-27-2007, 06:17 PM
What if your technique involves wiping the polish off after every panel? Would almost seem to be a hassle? I use to wear a Porter cable Cotton apron, but I just didnt like the feel of it, period. And MF is so sticky to begin with! Very creative though, hats off to Arron for coming up with it....

man, I didn`t even think about that. You`re probably right about it being more of a hassle. My first thought was that they solved the problem of keeping the cord from coming off your shoulders, which I have sometimes.

For awhile I`ve thought about getting the Meguiar`s apron that ADS sells, but I had a feeling the material of the apron (if similar to other aprons I`ve seen my wife wear while cooking) would be a bit more rough than the usual cotton t-shirts I wear while detailing.

Paulie Walnuts
10-27-2007, 06:35 PM
Very cool idea but like everyone says I take the polish off after every panel. If it was a little longer I would get one just for the sake of having a nice apron.

RitcheyRch
10-27-2007, 07:57 PM
Pretty cool idea.