PDA

View Full Version : 3M product info needed. Tried search-no success

Tarios
06-15-2003, 10:41 PM
I tried the search feature..but no success. I know this topic must be cleared up somewhere along the lines here but I can`t find it..either the threads are gone or I`m using the feature wrong.

I am trying to understand the differences bewteen the 3M line. If anyone can send me a link, reply the info here or anyway for me to get it this info. I would appreciate it..

Wanting to prep for Zaino:
1991 Mustang LX BLACK.

I already used the 3M compound (However which one I don`t know) I borrowed some from a friends detail shop. He gave me a whole bottle for $10.00. I believe it`s 3M Perfect It II 39002. Not Sure. I ll find out tomorrow.
But it did a great job on cleaning and gloss..but swirl marks are still there..lots of them.
Using a orbital buffer at 2600 RPM..Is that OK?

Point is which do I use to perfect the clear coat to receive Zaino.
The differences between 3M compounds is what I`m asking.
3M Perfect It II Rubbing Compund 39002
3M Perfect It III Compound 05933
3M Extra Cut Rubbing III Compound 05936
3M Finesse It II Machine Polish
3M Perfect It III Machine Glaze
3M Foam polish Pad Glaze
3M Perfect It III Glaze

The thing is that some of these have a detailed explanation on the product and usage as "leaves a deep rich shine" or "leaves a fine finish"
Does that mean that you don`t end with a polish..Or does it mean that the surface is clean and you can go to the next step...which is?????

Now.. (sorry for length BTW)..
But is the best of ALL these choices just the right compound followed by a 3M SMR??

Then once that is done..I know I wash with DAWN and Start the Zaino steps.
Thanks for ALL THE HELP..

CharlesW
06-16-2003, 07:03 AM
The 3M web-site might be of some help. www.3m.com
Then again, it might not.:) Not being a 3M user, I know I`m no help.

biff
06-16-2003, 07:34 AM
The 3M site is pretty cryptic. Here`s the link I use:

http://products3.3m.com/catalog/us/en001/auto_marine_aero/automotive_aftermarket/node_GSF5BK2FMTge/root_GST1T4S9TCgv/vroot_GSLPLPKL4Xge/theme_us_aad_3_0/command_AbcPageHandler/output_html

It`s quite a mouthfull.

Tarios
06-16-2003, 04:18 PM
Thanks...