PDA

View Full Version : Flex Users.........

Pages : [1] 2

YankeeFan
10-26-2007, 04:04 PM
Can any of you please let us all know when you get the new 5 1/2" backing plate. I called Powerhouse, was told they have about 50 on order but none in yet. I was going to order my machine once the new backing plates start arriving.

Howard

Mobilejay
10-26-2007, 04:25 PM
yeah we will post it.

superchargedg
10-29-2007, 06:32 PM
But of course we will.

toml
10-29-2007, 07:23 PM
Can any of you please let us all know when you get the new 5 1/2" backing plate. I called Powerhouse, was told they have about 50 on order but none in yet. I was going to order my machine once the new backing plates start arriving.

Howard

Howard, I ordered the Flex today. If you`re just waiting until you can order the polisher and the new BP at the same time, that`s cool. However, if you`re waiting for the polisher to ship with the new BP as "standard," Dave at Powerhouse led me to believe that it`ll be some time before that happens since Flex North America has a couple hundred polishers in stock with the original BP and will have to deplete their inventory before they re-order.

Because Dave said that they`d ship me a free 5" BP as a replacement for the original one, it doesn`t seem like the new BP will be offered as a free replacement. But, that may all change ...

Anyway, just what I learned today.

zzzzdoc
10-29-2007, 08:20 PM
Got mine today. :):bounce

Actually, I just measured. It`s the 5" black one that they sent. Do we have a half-bouncy smilie??

DJ_JonnyV
10-29-2007, 08:39 PM
Got mine today. :):bounce

Actually, I just measured. It`s the 5" black one that they sent. Do we have a half-bouncy smilie??

That must be the same one that I ordered and shipped today as well. As Tomi posted on another thread, it cost $14 and change, so I don`t mind too much paying for it and to have some flexibility/backup in BPs. Guess I have to track down some 5.5" pads now. I would think this would allow for even quicker working times. Kind of like using the 4" pads on the PC. I also have the Flex BP for the LK 302 VE I picked up as well. It`s being drop-shipped from South Carolina warehouse. Hoping to use existing 6.5" pads for XC 3401 VRG with the LK 302 VE. Have an Edge adapter on the way too from Detailer`s Domain for 5/8" rotary. It should fit the Flex rotary.

Mobilejay
10-29-2007, 11:43 PM
I`m still waiting to get mine in but I was looking around and didn`t see any 5.5" CCS pads. Are you guys running different pads? If not, were are you getting the 5.5`s from?

DJ_JonnyV
10-30-2007, 07:35 AM
I`m still waiting to get mine in but I was looking around and didn`t see any 5.5" CCS pads. Are you guys running different pads? If not, were are you getting the 5.5`s from?

I haven`t seen any 5.5" CCS pads either, especially on AG. However, I`m not the biggest fan of them either. I tried an orange 6.5" on my Flex 2 weeks ago for a test section, and it hopped and skipped around like a wildabeast. I`ll probably check some of the other pad selections on AG or do some searching to see if 5.5"ers can be found anywhere else.

frostydog
10-30-2007, 09:55 AM
I think Danase carries a 5" version of the CCS pads...but that`s going to be a little too small.

ExcelDetail has 5.5" versions of his Erasure pads...but only has Orange and Red versions. Although, if the thought is a smaller pad for correcting purposes...I guess Orange is what you`re looking for, though a yellow would be nice for heavy correcting.

Also, AG does have 5.5" pads (non CCS)...only seem to have white and orange available. But they have a combo pack of 2 white and 2 orange 5.5" pads for $14.99. That sounds like a pretty good deal.

One last one...looks like the white DAS pad is 5.75". Although the other colors seem to be between 6-6.5".

Just found another...Chemical Guys has 5.25" CCS pads in all colors.

So I guess there`s a couple "mix and match" choices out there.

YankeeFan
10-30-2007, 11:37 AM
Howard, I ordered the Flex today. If you`re just waiting until you can order the polisher and the new BP at the same time, that`s cool. However, if you`re waiting for the polisher to ship with the new BP as "standard," Dave at Powerhouse led me to believe that it`ll be some time before that happens since Flex North America has a couple hundred polishers in stock with the original BP and will have to deplete their inventory before they re-order.

Because Dave said that they`d ship me a free 5" BP as a replacement for the original one, it doesn`t seem like the new BP will be offered as a free replacement. But, that may all change ...

Anyway, just what I learned today.

thanks for the heads up. I`m just staling as I told every family member not get me a gift or even a X-mas card. Just give a donation to the Flex, 106FF andLC White pad foundation......I`ll call probably right after the New Year`s...

Howard

Mobilejay
10-30-2007, 01:34 PM
I think Danase carries a 5" version of the CCS pads...but that`s going to be a little too small.

ExcelDetail has 5.5" versions of his Erasure pads...but only has Orange and Red versions. Although, if the thought is a smaller pad for correcting purposes...I guess Orange is what you`re looking for, though a yellow would be nice for heavy correcting.

Also, AG does have 5.5" pads (non CCS)...only seem to have white and orange available. But they have a combo pack of 2 white and 2 orange 5.5" pads for $14.99. That sounds like a pretty good deal.

One last one...looks like the white DAS pad is 5.75". Although the other colors seem to be between 6-6.5".

Just found another...Chemical Guys has 5.25" CCS pads in all colors.

So I guess there`s a couple "mix and match" choices out there.

nice, thanks. I`ll probably order some from CG just to have ready.

zzzzdoc
10-30-2007, 03:45 PM
I haven`t seen any 5.5" CCS pads either, especially on AG. However, I`m not the biggest fan of them either. I tried an orange 6.5" on my Flex 2 weeks ago for a test section, and it hopped and skipped around like a wildabeast. I`ll probably check some of the other pad selections on AG or do some searching to see if 5.5"ers can be found anywhere else.

Used an orange CCS pad last night and it glided like a butterfly. I wonder why the difference between our two experiences?

DJ_JonnyV
10-30-2007, 04:22 PM
I`ll give them another shot on my next detail which will be a Honda Odyssey (seems like all I do is Honda/Acuras). Might`ve just been me wearing down after hanging off the MDX I was doing all day.

superchargedg
10-30-2007, 06:59 PM
WHen i used my ccs pads they were a handfull to control.They tried to hop and skip unless i was ready for them to do it.

Mobilejay
10-31-2007, 11:53 AM
Are you guys using the pads with a bit of a curve to them or just the flat edge ccs`? I used the curved edge 6.5" and I had no problems at all. Those are the kind I want to find in a 5.5 but its hard to.