PDA

View Full Version : Bizarre windshield experience

FishWagon
10-26-2007, 10:01 AM
Really bizarre....

On Wednesday I cleaned my windshield with Stoner`s Invisible Glass and followed up with Collinite 845. This morning (Friday), while driving to work before sun up and very dewy conditions (condensation still on glass) every street and traffic light "appeared" to "shoot a beam of light" right at my car. Not just a little visual distortion but for lack of a better way to put it, it looked like SOLID beams of light, like that of very long lightsabres. I can`t accurately describe in words how surreal it was. Has anyone else experienced this? My windshield is crystal clear during the day. Any suggestions?

thanks

(PS. I can`t remember for sure, but I think I might have used AIO and definitely used a wax on it last month when it was brand new. Didn`t have this effect)

SCutchins
10-26-2007, 10:08 AM
I used to "wax" my windshield also, and honestly I was never thrilled with the results. It seemed like there was always a film, because there was. I still buff it with a polish, but the only leave-on product I use on it it Aquapel.

I had your experience with Zaino AIO also, glass looked clear but bright lights would reveal that it really wasn`t.

eddie926
10-26-2007, 11:04 AM
I`ve had that same experience using Rain-X on my windshield.

mikebai1990
10-26-2007, 02:23 PM
Well, with condensation, or after the rain, it`s only normal for the beads of water (or the lack of beads if you don`t wax it) to distort your vision of the view from inside your windshield. Did you use your wipers to wipe the water off? If so, and it was still very "distorted", then I can only say that your wipers are worn out.. I use Collinite 476S and Duragloss 105 on my windshield, and have not experienced any problems.