PDA

View Full Version : Best bug removal product?

Pages : [1] 2

zoomzoom3
10-26-2007, 02:04 AM
Just wondering what everyone here thinks the best bug removal product is? Bugs are the worst problem for paint finishes around here, so I need a good product that hopefully doesn`t strip wax. Fire away with suggestions.

klumzypinoy
10-26-2007, 04:43 AM
There`s Poorboy`s Bug Squash..it can be diluted so your LSP won`t be stripped away :).

distrbd
10-26-2007, 05:14 AM
Yes I second that ,PB Bug Squash is a great product you won`t regret getting it.

ericfine50
10-26-2007, 05:15 AM
I second that recommendation. Add the Pinnacle Bug Sponge and you have a great 1..2 combo.

imported_smprince1
10-26-2007, 05:42 AM
PB`s Bug Squash or Tarminator. I`ve also been pleasantlty surprised with the Pinnacle Bug Sponge for the nastier cases.

JaredPointer
10-26-2007, 07:05 AM
Another vote for Bug Squash. He also has a microfiber designed for use as a bug removal tool. I`ve found it to be safe in my experiences.

SVR
10-26-2007, 07:41 AM
Whenever I`ve gotten too many bugs on the front of my vehicles during a summer cruise, I just go down to pro wash near the shop and use the hot shampoo (it`s actually softer than others) and do a medium pressure (600 psi) soak with that, let it sit for a few mins then come back with high pressure water

I have the lance above the car in a vertical position so that the bugs slide off and are not being blasted into the paint.

Almost every time, they all slide off and I blot dry and do the short drive back to the shop and add some more sealant or protective QD.

Far better than doing a manual bug wash or using a bug removal product.

imported_bigfoot
10-26-2007, 08:20 AM
I vote for B.S. diluted 2:1 for a medium bug removal. If it`s light bugs, go 3:1 and for super bugs, go either 1:1 or full power. Now, those last 2 dilution rates will strip your LSP, so only use it on heavy concentrations of bugs.

Others have comented that an APC will do the same job removing bugs. I have not personally tried it, but I will as soon as I get some APC to work with.

zzzzdoc
10-26-2007, 08:21 AM
Bar none it`s P21S Total Auto Wash. We had a massive love bug infestation down here in Florida last Memorial Day. Thousands of love bugs on the car. Tried many OTC products before they flew off the shelves.

Only thing that worked instantly was the P21S Total Auto Wash. Stuff like Turtle Wax did absolutely nothing.

Used it the other day for a guy at work who left the love bugs on his car for 23 weeks (dummy). Still took them off in seconds.

Setec Astronomy
10-26-2007, 08:23 AM
I just use a QD or QEW. I think the Pb`s Bug Squash is just APC with a different name on it, it didn`t strike me as anything special or different when I tried it, and I`m not convinced that it has any "special" ingredients that target bugs. The Long Haul QD I got for cheap at Big Lots did a fine job on bugs this summer; spray plenty on, let it soak for a few seconds and wipe off (of course, if the bugs have been on there for a while you`re going to need to soak longer and perhaps scrub; in that case a rinseless wash, APC, or Bug & Tar remover might be indicated, with the requisite re-application of LSP if you scrubbed with the former, or for the latter two).

RScott29
10-26-2007, 09:32 AM
Here`s what I like WD40 and my finger nail Bugs be gone Quick ,just wash after then use your (sealant, wax ,detailer) Try it .............

BobD
10-26-2007, 09:37 AM
Bar none it`s P21S Total Auto Wash. We had a massive love bug infestation down here in Florida last Memorial Day. Thousands of love bugs on the car. Tried many OTC products before they flew off the shelves.

Only thing that worked instantly was the P21S Total Auto Wash. Stuff like Turtle Wax did absolutely nothing.

Used it the other day for a guy at work who left the love bugs on his car for 23 weeks (dummy). Still took them off in seconds.

That was going to be my recommendation as well!

mc01ta
10-26-2007, 10:47 AM
what about bugs that have only been on for less than a few days but are so deeply embedded? I have a new black pathfinder and even after multiple coats of my lsp I still get a few that are so embedded that an apc, tarminator, scrubbing with a specially designed bug sponge, etc. nothing takes it off. Its almost like its in the paint. Do I have to wetsand as my last option?

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
10-26-2007, 10:47 AM
I use Surf City Grime Destroyer...It is a very nice/effective offering.

I spray it on the paint, then do the wheels and once I am done with the wheels the bugs and grime has begun to literally melt away.

IMO One of the factors that makes it effective is the viscosity..It is rather thick (almost as thick as a liquid hand soap). As a result, it clings to the paint as opposed to just running off onto the ground.

imported_altez
10-26-2007, 11:20 AM
I have tried many OTC products for bug removal but they don`t work well. I usually use a clay bar and reseal with AQ. I`ll try those products mentioned when I get some more cash : )