PDA

View Full Version : Will this buff out

joemayo
10-24-2007, 06:03 PM
Somehow in the past 2 days this happened.. car hasn`t moved and is on jackstands.. I`m thinking maybe a cat but the line is so straight that I`m not sure.. Also it`s not in deep what can I do to get it out?

http://www.joemayo.redlined.org/scratch%20003.JPG

DantheMan
10-24-2007, 07:02 PM
That looks like it would be a pretty easy one to get out, but pics can be deceiving. If you can catch a fingernail on it, chances are it cant be completely removed, but can be severely diminished.

If you don`t have means to machine polish, I would try to find a competent detailer in your area. Or buy one.

ntwrkguy1
10-24-2007, 07:44 PM
It doesn`t look all that bad -- if you don`t have access to any machines, you might want to try a product like Meguiar`s ScratchX. You might get lucky and have that one come out by hand.

joemayo
10-24-2007, 07:50 PM
At the bottom it doesn`t catch my finger nail.. at the top it does a lil but it doesn`t get stuck..

Can I just rub scratch on and wipe it off?

Eliot Ness
10-24-2007, 07:56 PM
..............Can I just rub scratch on and wipe it off?No, you`ve got to work it in pretty well (with a passion), and it might take more than one application. Below is a pretty good thread on how to use it:

How to remove a defect by hand with ScratchX - Car Care Forums: Meguiar`s Online Archive (http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1516&highlight=scratch%2A)

Carbon Blue
10-24-2007, 08:02 PM
does anyone know if a regular wool pad from home depot or lowes is the same wool pad that professional detailers use to remove scratches??

BigJimZ28
10-24-2007, 08:34 PM
does anyone know if a regular wool pad from home depot or lowes is the same wool pad that professional detailers use to remove scratches??

if you are working by hand forget about the wool

that is only for rotary use and than you need to know how to use it

Scottwax
10-24-2007, 11:10 PM

Just use a folded microfiber towel and make sure you use even pressure across the whole area to prevent your fingertips from marring the paint.