PDA

View Full Version : Orange Swirlbuster Pad Life?

Pages : [1] 2

MidnightG35X
10-24-2007, 09:32 AM
What is the normal sort of life people are getting out of the orange swirlbuster pad? I have used it for 3 cars, and the velcro backing has already separated all the way around about .5-1" into the pad. Is that normal?

Scottwax
10-24-2007, 09:51 AM
If the velcro is pulling away, I`d stop using the pad. I had a white one come apart on me (the foam part of the pad) and damage a customer`s car so I`d play it real safe with those pads and not use them if they show any hint of damage.

Brian_Brice
10-24-2007, 09:58 AM
I`ve went through three or four of the swirlbuster pads, when you get them they are really dense, after first use they are really flat, I got three to four uses out of each of them.

Bythehour
10-24-2007, 10:08 AM
I`ve done three cars and one truck with mine. It is getting soft, but the velcro is still intact (knock wood).

I wash mine immediately after each use and dry them out thoroughly....

Brian_Brice
10-24-2007, 11:24 AM
the velcro never went on mine just the foam

Lynn Matthews
10-24-2007, 03:51 PM
Hi MidnightG35X,

That should not have happened after only 3 uses. I would like to find out how you washed it to make sure it doesn`t happen again?

Your order Autopia-55843 for a new pad has been placed and is scheduled to ship tomorrow.

Lynn

MidnightG35X
10-24-2007, 04:39 PM
Lynn,

You have an email.

Everyone else,

Thanks for your responses!

JayC
10-29-2007, 01:11 PM
I did two cars with mine and towards the end of the second car, the foam started fraying and getting everywhere. Took me a minute to figure out where all the residue was coming from.

This was using only Ultima PP.

MidnightG35X
10-29-2007, 01:15 PM
The first two cars I used it on used OHC, third was UPPP.

Brian_Brice
10-29-2007, 01:41 PM
I did two cars with mine and towards the end of the second car, the foam started fraying and getting everywhere. Took me a minute to figure out where all the residue was coming from.

This was using only Ultima PP.

Sounds like you caught an edge, that will happen with any foam pad when catching an edge.

JayC
10-29-2007, 01:48 PM
Sounds like you caught an edge, that will happen with any foam pad when catching an edge.

No.. not the way this stuff is coming off.. its not the same as if you hit an edge.. at least not with any other pad Ive ever used.

MrAP
10-30-2007, 12:24 PM
I`ve done three cars and one truck with mine. It is getting soft, but the velcro is still intact (knock wood).

I wash mine immediately after each use and dry them out thoroughly....

I`ve only done a tailgate and a hood and the foam of the white pad is very soft now. When comparing to the (unused) orange pad, the white pad is incredibly soft and it doesn`t seem like it will be more aggressive than the orange one.

MidnightG35X
10-30-2007, 12:54 PM
I`ve only done a tailgate and a hood and the foam of the white pad is very soft now. When comparing to the (unused) orange pad, the white pad is incredibly soft and it doesn`t seem like it will be more aggressive than the orange one.

If you are using the white pad that came with the UDM, that is a polishing/finishing pad which would be soft. If you are using the white scratchbuster pad that should be harder than the orange swirlbuster pad.

MrAP
10-30-2007, 01:00 PM
If you are using the white pad that came with the UDM, that is a polishing/finishing pad which would be soft. If you are using the white scratchbuster pad that should be harder than the orange swirlbuster pad.

The packaging indicates it is the scratchbuster pad. That`s why I was surprised at how soft it is after two panels. I didn`t think to check how it was before I used it :(

OCKlasse
12-29-2007, 08:03 PM
My Swirlbuster pad has held up wonderfully! I wish I could say the same about my LC CCS pads, though :(