PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever had a qd/wb not like a MF...

pingable
10-22-2007, 05:30 PM
I need to play with the combo/application some more but have you ever had a experience wheter it be a particular QD or Wax Booster Spray not work well with a particular MF....

I have this MF that I love for a quick buff/wipedown after polishing. I rarely QD the car but I`ve noticed with this particular WB product....the MF leaves MF lint on the paint, sorta *sticks* to the car and creates a bit of static charge as well. It`s not as if it`s isolated to one panel either..

SuperBee364
10-22-2007, 07:24 PM
MF micro lint can be a real hassle. My latest batch of Vrooom`s are starting to do it. I`ve never been able to get them to stop once they start. They get relagated to other duties.

imported_rydawg
10-24-2007, 07:59 AM
it`s the quality of the MF`s for sure. Also sometimes when you wash them they can pick up micro lint in the dryer as well. As soon as I ever get lint like that under halogens, I use them for other uses like engine bays, chrome, etc. I will not even use them on interiors as it will give the interior a positive charge and attract dust faster. Some MF that cause this will give you poor polishing results as it gives the paint a poor positive charge.

I was in a jamb once and needed to pick up some MF at Walmart and as they were very fluffy and nice, they gave off a positive charge and I had to stop for the night and wash it off with cold water to release the positive charge into the paint. I knew exactly what was going on cause the polish on the pad starting hovering on the paint instead of removing defects. Very strange!

Setec Astronomy
10-24-2007, 08:28 AM
I was in a jamb once and needed to pick up some MF at Walmart and as they were very fluffy and nice, they gave off a positive charge and I had to stop for the night and wash it off with cold water to release the positive charge into the paint. I knew exactly what was going on cause the polish on the pad starting hovering on the paint instead of removing defects. Very strange!

Jimmy Buffit recommends hooking a jumper cable from the chassis of the car to a water pipe to ground the car and dissipate the static charge. I`ve never done this, but he says it works.