PDA

View Full Version : Autogeek order{Poorboys}

Mliner
06-28-2005, 03:12 AM
Hello Everyone i just recieved my order from Autogeek regarding my Poorboys Products.I still haven`t used any of them because im waiting for later on during the week to use them.I recieved the following...

1-Spray and wipe
2-Spray and Gloss
3-Natural Look dressing
4-Trim Restorer

I also have Adams V.R.T {Vinyl,rubber,tire}It lasts long and never streaks when i drive.But it`s not glossy.I want something a bit more glossy.Will Poorboys Tire dressing do the trick? Remember i want something glossy and that doesn`t streak and last long.

I also recieved my Clay Magic bar a couple of days ago and i wonder what i should use after
1-Adams Revive and scrath remover
2-Adams brilliant spray glaze
3-Adams Butter wax
4-...........
5-...........
6-...........
7-............

I know i`m asking a lot but please help me out guys. :cool

Thank you,
Sevan

Mliner
06-28-2005, 03:42 AM
Also what is a good Scracth Remover. I was thinking to get a new brand after my Adams one is done. Poorboys SSR?Is it easy to buff off or you have to put a lot of work into it?

What is a good car wash soap?I heard Pinnacle is like wax.Will it harm the paint if i use Pinnacle soap and different brands of wax?

Sorry to have a lot of questions,I LOVE THIS DAMN SITE!!!!

Big Leegr
06-28-2005, 08:23 AM
The PB BnB will be glossier than VRT. Also, you can make it glossier by leaving it without wiping, and also by spraying additional coats. I find that BnB lasts fairly long, as long as it doesn`t get wet. If it does, it loses some gloss. Also, as long as you don`t drive down dirt roads, it stays black a long time too.

Adam`s ButterWax is meant to be the LSP, so, technically, you wouldn`t need to do anything after that step, other than a qd every so often. You can top it with a wax if you want to.

As to the scratch remover, it would depend on the type/depth of scratch and how you are addressing it-hand/machine. The SSR`s will work on scratches. I`ve used them on deep scratches, by hand, and they leveled the paint so you couldn`t feel the scratch anymore (not recommended, though, as if you take away too much paint, you could have cc failure.) Always start with the least abrasive and if it doesn`t work, move up to the next step. If you wanted to get only 1 SSR, I would recommend 2.5, as it seems to have the most versatility.

As to the soaps, you aren`t likely to hurt the paint with any soap (except maybe dish soap... :rolleyes: ) The benefit of staying within a brand is that each product should be made to be used with other products in the same line. So, although you may get better results staying with all 1 line, that isn`t to say that you can`t get great results by "mixing and matching."

Mliner
06-28-2005, 12:22 PM
The PB BnB will be glossier than VRT. Also, you can make it glossier by leaving it without wiping, and also by spraying additional coats. I find that BnB lasts fairly long, as long as it doesn`t get wet. If it does, it loses some gloss. Also, as long as you don`t drive down dirt roads, it stays black a long time too.

Adam`s ButterWax is meant to be the LSP, so, technically, you wouldn`t need to do anything after that step, other than a qd every so often. You can top it with a wax if you want to.

As to the scratch remover, it would depend on the type/depth of scratch and how you are addressing it-hand/machine. The SSR`s will work on scratches. I`ve used them on deep scratches, by hand, and they leveled the paint so you couldn`t feel the scratch anymore (not recommended, though, as if you take away too much paint, you could have cc failure.) Always start with the least abrasive and if it doesn`t work, move up to the next step. If you wanted to get only 1 SSR, I would recommend 2.5, as it seems to have the most versatility.

As to the soaps, you aren`t likely to hurt the paint with any soap (except maybe dish soap... :rolleyes: ) The benefit of staying within a brand is that each product should be made to be used with other products in the same line. So, although you may get better results staying with all 1 line, that isn`t to say that you can`t get great results by "mixing and matching."

Thank you so much for your input,You really helped me out.