View Full Version : Zaino or FK-P1000 or Collinite 426s

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Harry Houdini
10-21-2007, 06:36 PM
Tomorrow morning will be the winter prep for my black car,

it will be washed with gold Class mixed with ps21 total body wash via

karcher foam attachment. and then rinsed and washed with gilmour

and 2 buckets method mixed with ps21 total auto wash;

after that is done while the car is still wet, ONR mixed QD ratio will be the lub

for claying the whole car.

and then to light polishing with menzerna 85rd with the black or red CCS finished pads "not sure yet" via rotary with alcohol wipe downs.

Then to LSP`s, I am thinking of giving the car a light coat of Ez creme glaze followed

by either of those products "Zaino or FK-P1000 or Collinite 426s"

if zaino I will ZFX it befor application, P1000 is the one i am leaning more towards,

but with it I might have to add a step which is this products I have here 2180 or 218

Finish Kare FK1 Consumer Detailing Products (http://www.fk1usa.com/products-consumer.htm)

the car will be washed weekly or every 2 weeks max during the winter and will get

carnuba QD such as Swissvax quick finish or pinccle spray wax.

Whats the vote? :)

imported_GregCavi
10-21-2007, 06:43 PM
Do you mean collinite 476s?

If so, I have used all three. They are all quite durable, but the winner for me was Zaino. I found that Zaino had an edge on durability and the way it looked even after a long winter. As the other sealant/waxes lost their looks, Zaino went strong. On my clients vehicles, I run 3 coats of Z and they hold up all winter and beyond, look-wise and durability. I see you mentioned topping with a carnauba. I would say which ever sealant you choose, it would be a wasted step. Winter is pretty harsh on the pure waxes, but if you doing it just to kill time, by all means. I think we all do that. :D

Greg

Harry Houdini
10-21-2007, 06:47 PM
Do you mean collinite 476s?

If so, I have used all three. They are all quite durable, but the winner for me was Zaino. I found that Zaino had an edge on durability and the way it looked even after a long winter. As the other sealant/waxes lost their looks, Zaino went strong. On my clients vehicles, I run 3 coats of Z and they hold up all winter and beyond, look-wise and durability. I see you mentioned topping with a carnauba. I would say which ever sealant you choose, it would be a wasted step. Winter is pretty harsh on the pure waxes, but if you doing it just to kill time, by all means. I think we all do that. :D

Greg

hehe, thanks greg, Zaino is a good product but it started to find it self

very deep in the pile of products :sadwavey:

It also seems to like to be layered before it really start show off?

imported_GregCavi
10-21-2007, 06:55 PM
hehe, thanks greg, Zaino is a good product but it started to find it self

very deep in the pile of products :sadwavey:

It also seems to like to be layered before it really start show off?

Which products did you use? I can see a deep wetness after one coat. FWIW, I like to start with Z5pro.

Greg

Harry Houdini
10-21-2007, 06:57 PM
I have Z2, "Z5 I think I have", Z8

imported_GregCavi
10-21-2007, 07:04 PM
Are they the, "pro," versions?

Greg

Harry Houdini
10-21-2007, 07:21 PM
Are they the, "pro," versions?

Greg

yeah, they are 1 1/2 year old, wasn`t the pro line came out 2 years ago?

imported_themightytimmah
10-21-2007, 07:50 PM
Go for the big C! Collinite is my go-to on our winter cars (and I use it on my Florida car too, as it keeps the water etching down).

Accumulator
10-21-2007, 08:22 PM
Not having tried either the Zaino or the FK, I can`t say which would be *best*. But a few layers of Collinite 476S lasts me all through a tough Ohio winter, and then some. One of the great things about it is the way it sheds dirt and other winter [stuff], makes for gentle washes (which helps keep the marring down).

Harry Houdini
10-21-2007, 09:00 PM
Not having tried either the Zaino or the FK, I can`t say which would be *best*. But a few layers of Collinite 476S lasts me all through a tough Ohio winter, and then some. One of the great things about it is the way it sheds dirt and other winter [stuff], makes for gentle washes (which helps keep the marring down).

Thanks guys, also one thing I noticed about zaino, it has the best look out of the 3

but the worst cleaning action of any LSP I have used. for some reason things

stick to it like a magnet.

Accumulator, this is what I always look for in any LSP is the way it protects and

ease of cleaning crap that gets to it, thanks bro.

wannafbody
10-21-2007, 09:14 PM
I`ve used 845 and Zaino. After a winter of road crud I get less crud in my clay with Zaino than 845. Both are good but Zaino seems better for me.

Harry Houdini
10-21-2007, 09:16 PM
maybe it has to do with the environment in where the car is used,

in my case it was the complete opposite :(

imported_GregCavi
10-21-2007, 09:32 PM
For clarification, I use the Z5pro for winter protection. In my situation, Minnesota Winter, it accumulates far less salt/crud than the other products I have used.

Greg

imported_rydawg
10-21-2007, 09:47 PM
Use Z8 often on top of zaino z2 or z5 and the dirt will not stick at all. Heck I top everything with z8. I use it on top of all products and it gives extended durability and superb slickness everytime you use it.

Harry Houdini
10-21-2007, 10:31 PM
Use Z8 often on top of zaino z2 or z5 and the dirt will not stick at all. Heck I top everything with z8. I use it on top of all products and it gives extended durability and superb slickness everytime you use it.

I agree Z8 is a very nice product along with their QD Z6 is an excellent cleaning QD

the best I have used to date. the problem is the stuff that stick to zaino.

on another note, The lower skirts of the car behind the front wheels, have stuff in them

they are also stuck on the protection film I have there, seems like on the surface

but you can`t feel them with your hands as if they are impeded to the paint, I know the once

on the clear film are there to stay as the clear film is only doing its job of protecting,

it is the part after the protection film that I am worried about, I tried claying but no results.

Anyone got a solution for this as it will be a problem I will have to deal with in the morning