PDA

View Full Version : Collinite 845 over Poli-Seal?

modular
10-21-2007, 01:37 PM
Seems I am finding some info here that other products seem to conflict with Poli-Seal as a base. I am a fan of 845 but just ordered a bottle of Poli-Seal. Any feedback on the compatability between these 2 products would be appreciated. Do I really need to get the Opti-Seal to go over the Poli-Seal? Just getting ready for winter...tai.

stiffdogg06
10-21-2007, 02:12 PM
Shoot 1-2 coats of 845 by itself should last ya through winter.

modular
10-21-2007, 03:43 PM
There are slight paint imperfections I want to address before I use the 845. I just don`t want to waste the 845 if it is not going ot stick.

imported_Blake
10-21-2007, 04:09 PM
I have used PoliSeal and have had no problems with either a sealant or carnauba over it. I really wouldn`t expect any problems.

clnfrk
10-21-2007, 04:57 PM
My experience with Poliseal is that initially it looks pretty good, removes or hides the slightest imperfections rather well and is very slick. But, durability seems to be seriously lacking though. Is this a common occurence with all-in-one type of products?

Junebug
10-21-2007, 06:37 PM
Afte using Poliseal, I wonder how I can get rid of it. It has only the slightest correction if at all - I`m thinking it`s mostly filling in the swirls, durability is less than AW. And like all the other Otimum products I tried (OHC,OC and OP) it`s too gummy, I`ll take dust over gum.

imported_bigfoot
10-21-2007, 07:05 PM
My experience with Poliseal is that initially it looks pretty good, removes or hides the slightest imperfections rather well and is very slick. But, durability seems to be seriously lacking though. Is this a common occurence with all-in-one type of products?

How much durability are you getting out of OPS? I have heard it last between 4-6 months. I just entered my 4th month with it and, even though is diminishing, it still shows good protection.

modular
10-21-2007, 07:49 PM
I did research on Autopia about AIO`s and OPS seemed well reviewed numerous times. I just to make sure it will play nice with my favorite 845.