PDA

View Full Version : 1 layer of Zaino *easily* protecting at 56 weeks !!!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

stilez
10-21-2007, 01:15 PM
I detailed this 997 C4S just over 56 weeks ago (http://autopia.org/forum/click-brag/77621-porsche-997-c4s-detailed.html) and was happy to see that Zaino was still protecting well on 90%+ of this Porsche. All but the area around the exhaust and skirts had a strong level of beading and good paint slickness while washing. The detail over a year ago consisted of Z-PC followed by Z5 Pro (ZFX`d) and Z8. The bonded contaminants were minimal and were able to be removed with 1-2 passes of Zaino Z18 clay.

I spoke with the owner and he was very happy how the car was holding up. He`s put about 16k on the car since I detailed it last and as you can see from the previous detail, he *drives* the car. When asked about his regimen, he told me he`s just been washing it with Meguiar`s Gold Class every 7-10 days and using a Quick Detailer afterwards; no waxes or sealants. The car is garaged nightly. No crazy steps, just a consistent regimen to produce applaudable results.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v157/kappapsi497/2007/IMG_3425.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v157/kappapsi497/2007/IMG_3428.jpg

Cheers.

SpoiledMan
10-21-2007, 01:26 PM
That`s decent for something garaged.:)

P1et
10-21-2007, 01:41 PM
I can attest to the durability of Zaino. Customer brought his R32 back to me after about 3 months and the layers of Z5 / Z2 were holding up extremely well.

Although, I do have to say, Quick Detailers will cause quite a bit of beading. When the hood of our Explorer got repaint, I only Quick Detailed it for about a month or two. Beaded up fantastic. Might be same case in the above pics.

stilez
10-21-2007, 03:08 PM
I can attest to the durability of Zaino. Customer brought his R32 back to me after about 3 months and the layers of Z5 / Z2 were holding up extremely well.

Although, I do have to say, Quick Detailers will cause quite a bit of beading. When the hood of our Explorer got repaint, I only Quick Detailed it for about a month or two. Beaded up fantastic. Might be same case in the above pics.

The pics were after a Z7 wash, then rinse. Take a look at the befores from a year ago; that`s basically how the car looked yesterday.

imported_GregCavi
10-21-2007, 03:15 PM
That`s why I use it on EVERY car I do. Thanks for the update Sean.

Greg

derekbmw
10-21-2007, 03:15 PM
wow!!!

very nice

imported_RedlineIRL
10-21-2007, 03:44 PM
I wonder how well it would hold up on a car that is never garaged.

300B
10-21-2007, 04:20 PM
Thank the MQD`s,not the Zaino!

56 weeks,no way!

imported_Adamah
10-21-2007, 04:57 PM
Thank the MQD`s,not the Zaino!

56 weeks,no way!

WAY! Actually the roof of my black truck has a single application of Z2 Pro and it has held up for 13 months. Nobody sees the roof so It hasnt gotten a single drop of QD. Nothing but rain, sleet, snow, and temps from way below freezing to 100+. Thank you Zaino!

quantim0
10-21-2007, 06:24 PM
Sorry, but the beading is very loose and unorganized. I have a feeling that`s the paint beading the water, not the zaino. Bare paint beads water just like that, if you doubt it, just look at most people`s cars in the rain, they look exactly like that.

imported_GregCavi
10-21-2007, 06:45 PM
Sorry, but the beading is very loose and unorganized. I have a feeling that`s the paint beading the water, not the zaino. Bare paint beads water just like that, if you doubt it, just look at most people`s cars in the rain, they look exactly like that.

I will have to respectfully disagree based on the pics. From the first picture I see the typically zaino sheeting action, and if you look on the roof-window-spoiler, you can see some tight beading. Also, on the second pic, it looks like nice beading to me.

Just my $0.02

Greg

stilez
10-21-2007, 07:02 PM

First, bare paint will not bead water. I can go and photograph every car in the rain out in my condo parking lot; all but mine pool the water.

Second, coming from someone who has used Zaino for years and is very familiar with the beading patterns, trust me, that is protection.

stilez
10-21-2007, 07:03 PM
I wonder how well it would hold up on a car that is never garaged.

About 7 months on my Sebring. I drive it about 7-800 miles per week through all of the conditions and it sits outside 24-7. It has held up very well, but I recently stripped it to clay and polish a few areas, then re-protected.

03COBRA
10-21-2007, 07:25 PM
I know for me that paint doesn`t bead water like that...

Nice work Sean!! Paint still looks good. It`s even better that it protects that well even with using GC for wash...

DETAILKING
10-21-2007, 07:28 PM
Great pictures!!

Actually, new (fresh) paint does bead water like crazy until it is polished for the first time.