PDA

View Full Version : use sealant after every wash?

ionic_slim
10-20-2007, 03:09 PM
Quick question does anyone re-apply sealant after every car wash or just apply a liquid wax?

I`ve applied sealant about one month ago and was wondering what "best practice" is...

RedWings
10-20-2007, 03:25 PM
What sealent did you use a month ago?

I usually use a sealant once in the spring and once in the fall. Then i`ve been using Aquawax after every couple washes (I usually wash 1-2 times a week).

Paulie Walnuts
10-20-2007, 05:00 PM
I typically use Zaino or Wolfgang and if I am on a Zaino kick I at least put down a coat of CS or Z8 after each wash and a coat of Z2/5 every 4-8 weeks. Zaino is just so maintenance proof. With the Wolfgang it does not last as long so I reapply ever 2 weeks of if I am bored, well, whenever.

Carbon Blue
10-20-2007, 06:09 PM
holy cow every 2 weeks with wolfgang? thats a little too much dont you think?? I usually top my sealant with carnauba wax and I was wondering, if on my next wash can I apply another layer of sealant over the previous layer ofcarnauba wax and then add another layer or carnauba over the sealant??

Paulie Walnuts
10-20-2007, 06:40 PM
holy cow every 2 weeks with wolfgang? thats a little too much dont you think?? I usually top my sealant with carnauba wax and I was wondering, if on my next wash can I apply another layer of sealant over the previous layer ofcarnauba wax and then add another layer or carnauba over the sealant??If it gives me the result I want, no.

a.k.a. Patrick
10-20-2007, 07:07 PM
IME, seasonal applications of a "sealant" i.e. UPP, with monthly application of a spray was i.e. AW or OCW is perfect. Sometimes too much of a good thing is, well.......too much. No disrespect Will..........

imported_smprince1
10-20-2007, 07:24 PM
IME, seasonal applications of a "sealant" i.e. UPP, with monthly application of a spray was i.e. AW or OCW is perfect. Sometimes too much of a good thing is, well.......too much. No disrespect Will..........

That`s what I was thinking too. Full detail with sealant every 3-6 months depending on longevity factors, maintained with a spray product such as AW, OCW, QW+, etc. every month or so.

Paulie Walnuts
10-20-2007, 07:43 PM
IME, seasonal applications of a "sealant" i.e. UPP, with monthly application of a spray was i.e. AW or OCW is perfect. Sometimes too much of a good thing is, well.......too much. No disrespect Will..........None taken my friend. As I have stated before detailing for me, for the most part is a stress reliever and gives me time out of the house away from people. Im not saying I ALWAYS put a coat on every two weeks but its been known to happen.

Paulie Walnuts
10-20-2007, 07:46 PM
That`s what I was thinking too. Full detail with sealant every 3-6 months depending on longevity factors, maintained with a spray product such as AW, OCW, QW+, etc. every month or so.I am not a big fan of the spray waxes. They just dont do it for me and I think that their protection and looks are minimal. I have enjoyed very much Z8 and I am starting to like AW as well.

imported_smprince1
10-20-2007, 08:14 PM
I am not a big fan of the spray waxes. They just dont do it for me and I think that their protection and looks are minimal. I have enjoyed very much Z8 and I am starting to like AW as well.

To each his own I always say :D .... these spray waxes are extremely quick and easy and my experience is that the protection and looks are pretty good :2thumbs:

a.k.a. Patrick
10-20-2007, 09:14 PM
To each his own I always say :D .... these spray waxes are extremely quick and easy and my experience is that the protection and looks are pretty good :2thumbs:

Agreed.........

detailing for me, for the most part is a stress reliever and gives me time out of the house away from people.

Agreed.........

silverE230w210
10-21-2007, 10:59 AM
Quote:

detailing for me, for the most part is a stress reliever and gives me time out of the house away from people.

Thats so true for me as well