PDA

View Full Version : Bought new VW Rabbit - Need help with detailing

John814
10-20-2007, 12:19 PM
I bought a new Black/Black 08 VW Rabbit here in Indiana. Great car, but the dealer had it "cleaned" when it arrived off the truck or when it was given to me. Thus, the car is covered with paint swirls. I have also had problems with rain spots all over the car, (even after I clay bar`d and waxed). I have been hand washing, and using Zymol cleaner/wax on it.

I am more than likely going to move to Arizona this Winter, and will be driving my Ford Exploder when it snows here in Indy, until I move.

What should I do/get to remove the swirls, and get it perfect? Please leave out any acronyms as I`m still quite new here, and hardly know any besides "QD" :nervous:

THANKS!

mr.ikon
10-20-2007, 12:21 PM
A UDM, CCS pads, and maybe some Optimum polish.

There are plenty other brand out there. But one that has really grown on me is the Hi Temp line.

baseballlover1
10-20-2007, 12:24 PM
UDM- Ultimate Detailing Machine. And you could really use almost any good polish, ive heard good things about optimum but have never used it. I use menzerna and i love it!

by the way, congrats on your new buy!

Monte78Carlo2k1
10-20-2007, 11:24 PM
I am currently using Optimum very easy product to work with not to mention has a long time that you can work with, combo`d with a PC/UDM with the CCS pads very happy with that combo.

John814
10-20-2007, 11:53 PM
Cool thanks!

I guess it`s just getting `good` at it, then the swirls, mistakes, `oo i missed that`s` will disappear..

I`m sure I am not the only one that has problems with keeping black clean.... Good Lord!

And I hope I`m not the only one who has a helluva time keeping my windshield clean. It`s streaky, and there are marks where the wipers have cleaned. What do I do with that? Claybar? Polish?