PDA

View Full Version : Can Duragloss Aquawax be used on wheels?

ittybitty
10-20-2007, 05:56 AM
Hey all, curious to know if I can use Aquawax on the wheels to make it easier to wash off the brake dust? Also, does anyone know where I can pick this up locally around San Francisco, CA? I went to a few Kragens but I didn`t see any. Thx

thesacrifice
10-20-2007, 06:13 AM
yes you can use it on wheels, and windows, and rubber trim, and and and

great product

imported_smprince1
10-20-2007, 06:36 AM
Sure can. Give it a try.

imported_steveo3002
10-20-2007, 03:05 PM
this is no joke i have open spoked wheels and used aquawax on them , i must have sprayed my brake discs without noticing, my brakes were non existant for the first stop

please use extreme caution not to get any on your brake discs/pads spray it on the cloth instead

yeah i shouldve known better lol...no harm done

Brace1
10-20-2007, 04:20 PM
The answer is "yes" as others have stated. As far as purchasing locally, if you have Carquest near you that is where I got mine.

Brian_Brice
10-20-2007, 04:40 PM
this is no joke i have open spoked wheels and used aquawax on them , i must have sprayed my brake discs without noticing, my brakes were non existant for the first stop

please use extreme caution not to get any on your brake discs/pads spray it on the cloth instead

Very good looking out, and valuable information for us all. I normally spray down the mf anyhow, that is just one great reason why to do so.

DantheMan
10-20-2007, 08:53 PM
I used to finish up a set of wheels on a detail today.. Seemed to add a little more pop to the wheels than a regular quick detailer. Not sure on how durable it will be on the wheels vs. a sealant or something designed for wheels, but it sure cant hurt..

ricka
10-21-2007, 01:43 PM
AW on wheels is a great application. Doesn`t seem to be affected by the wheel heat. Puts a nice gloss on clear-coat alloys and keeps brake dust from sticking too. Easier to apply than wheel glaze or similar products.

ittybitty
10-21-2007, 06:41 PM

Thanks for the very important tip. I was probably going to spray it on a MF towel but thanks for the FYI in case I felt a case of laziness coming on.

ittybitty
10-21-2007, 06:42 PM
Thanks all for the tips. Now is the problem of finding it locally instead of waiting for it to be shipped.

DantheMan
10-21-2007, 07:21 PM
Thanks all for the tips. Now is the problem of finding it locally instead of waiting for it to be shipped.

I found it locally at a paint/autobody supply shop. Just an idea if you haven`t checked them yet..