PDA

View Full Version : New White Honda Odyssey

gmblack3
10-16-2007, 03:38 PM
The client is a member here, very nice to deal with and was happy with the outcome. :D

1400 miles and it had sat on the dealers lot for a while. So it was in need of a good claying and some Zaino to protect as it will be sitting outside and driven 25k miles a year.

Process:

Dawn wash

Cleaned wheels, wells and tires.

Clay with blue magic and 50/50 Z6/water mix as lube while it was still wet.

3x of Z2pro with ZFX.

Z8

Tires got Z-16

Wheels got ZAIO

As I drove the ody back around to the front, the client had just arrived home. The sun was out, but as we discused proper washing and how long till the next detail, I forgot to get more pics. :nono

Sorry for the crappy pics, it was very cloudy out when I took these.

Before:

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/5856/img2935pw2.jpg

Just a few afters:

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/7467/img2944yq3.jpg

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/8051/img2948ka5.jpg

cillakat
10-16-2007, 04:28 PM
`bryan wrote:\"I forgot to get more pics.\"\r\n\r\nand then i thought of grabbing my camera to snap some pics when I was outside after you left....but then Lila\`s carpool came home and off we went to violin.\r\n\r\nI am so pleased with my car....it looks *fabulous*. Though admittedly, my first concern isn\`t that it looks wonderful, my first concern is getting it\`s mediocre paint job protected from exposure as it lives outside and I drive about 25k/year. So nice though that having it look wonderful happens to coincide with having excellent protection:) \r\n\r\nThe whole thing couldn\`t have been better. The car looks great. Bryan was wonderful to deal with....due to an \`emergency\` at our homeschool group, I had to leave my house before he got there. I\`m greatful for his flexibility in dealing with that little snafu - his willingness to go ahead and do the work without me being there....never having met me (aside from \`here\`) etc etc.\r\n\r\nIt\`s generally hard to show results on a white car.....esp in pics, the thing i noticed most signifcantly (aside from shine:)) is the depth of the shine. The reflection of some trees on the hood looked so so deep underwater. That\`s pretty impressive in terms of overcoming the crappy paint job from the Lincoln (AL) plant. You can read all about that here:\r\n\r\nOdyClub Forums (http://www.odyclub.com/forums/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=1028776&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending)\r\n\r\nThanks Bryan....and everyone here. I\`ve learned so much. \r\n\r\nAll the best,\r\nKatherine`

SilverLexus
10-16-2007, 04:31 PM
Very wet for white Bryan. Well done. :bow

cillakat
10-16-2007, 10:41 PM
The car looks so much better irl than in the pics.....lighting, the car being white - it just doesn`t show the depth that was acheived. It really looks *fabulous*.

After Bryan left my house, I was sitting outside in the car waiting for carpool to drop my little one off...they pulled up and when i went to get L out of the car, the dad says `how is it that we got our cars the same week and ours looks like *this*, while yours looks like THAT"

I had to chuckle since I had little to do with the `that` to which he was referring.

It`s really really noticeable.....and even more so if you look VERY closely and see what a crappy paint job Bryan was working with - orangepeel, overspray, some spots that are practically see through. but now, no one but me would notice....me or another similarly obsessed person.

Anyhoo, looks *awesome*. Thanks so much Bryan!

Katherine

SpoiledMan
10-16-2007, 10:56 PM
Nice work! I guess today was a white day. Too bad I`m unable to post my thread.:(

gmblack3
10-17-2007, 05:03 AM
The car looks so much better irl than in the pics.....lighting, the car being white - it just doesn`t show the depth that was acheived. It really looks *fabulous*.

After Bryan left my house, I was sitting outside in the car waiting for carpool to drop my little one off...they pulled up and when i went to get L out of the car, the dad says `how is it that we got our cars the same week and ours looks like *this*, while yours looks like THAT"

I had to chuckle since I had little to do with the `that` to which he was referring.

It`s really really noticeable.....and even more so if you look VERY closely and see what a crappy paint job Bryan was working with - orangepeel, overspray, some spots that are practically see through. but now, no one but me would notice....me or another similarly obsessed person.

Anyhoo, looks *awesome*. Thanks so much Bryan!

Katherine

Katherine, It is such a pleasure working for a client like yourself. Thank you very much for your kind words. I am looking forward to helping you keep your ody in "that" condition. :grinno:

Bryan

Lee and Spoiledman, Thanks for your kind thoughts.

Pats300zx
10-17-2007, 05:35 AM
Awesome work Brian. The car came out great...:clap:

gmblack3
10-18-2007, 05:24 AM
Thanks Pat!

Scottwax
10-18-2007, 11:03 PM
Nice work as always, Bryan. :)

I`m not a minivan person, but I could drive an Odyssey. Just like driving a big V6 Accord.