PDA

View Full Version : White marks on exterior trim/windshield wipers

Acejam2k
10-16-2007, 02:35 PM
Hey all,

I have a 2007 Subaru WRX STi. I`ve been detailing for quite some time now, and I`ve decided to step my game up. I finally placed an order for an UDM Kit, along with some P21S Wax, and some Klasse AIO.

I`ve noticed that on my car`s front bumper, there is a black piece. On this piece, it seems that I`ve gotten some wax onto there, and now there is a very light white mark. I also have this lightly on my windshield wiper.

It looks as if I used a wax that leaves a stain, not to mention, got it on the pieces to begin with. Is there any way to get these marks off? I plan to do a very big detail this weekend, before winter comes.

Thanks guys!

-Josh

Saleenfan
10-16-2007, 03:02 PM
There are a few things

One is kind of a wives tale but I have tried it and it seems to work.... Peanut butter! yes you read that right slap on some Peanut butter and then wash the car with dawn and it all comes off. I will probably get flamed for bringin it up but o well :hide:

another is a product called Wax Blaster

Wax Blaster Wax Remover (http://www.autopia-carcare.com/usc-3410.html)

I havent used it but i have heard good things.

sspeer
10-16-2007, 03:20 PM
I was only so so impressed with wax blaster..I still needed a good stuff brush to get it out of some textured trim.

Try a Mr Clean Magic Eraser. I had good luck with wheel cleaner ona toothbrush as well LOL..then wipe it off with a microfiber

Acejam2k
10-16-2007, 05:23 PM
hey guys thanks for the replies!

i actually ended up doing a search (i shoulda done so before i posted, lol), and found that some used WD40 and it did the trick. sure enough i tried it out, and it worked perfectly! :chuckle:

phahn
10-16-2007, 06:26 PM
Acejam2k, post pics after your detail - I well prepped Suby is gorgeous in my eyes! Also, if you ever have trouble getting your trim clean, GR-40 from top of the line does wonders. The specific trim piece on the front of the wrx/sti bumper will dress up nicely with hi-temp molding and bumper renew, also found at top of the line. This stuff also works well on the trim under the wiper blades...

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f175/phahn123/trim_beads.jpg

Later,

Pete