PDA

View Full Version : Which is better on red...PWC or Meg #26?

Pages : [1] 2

imported_SVT Wylde
10-16-2007, 10:13 AM
I am going to a car show this weekend and I have some Poorboys Polish with Carnauba (blue) but I have been reading a lot of good things about Meguiars #26. Should I stick with the PWC or go by the parts store and pick up a bottle of #26? The truck is red and I really want a deep wet look. :grinno:

imported_weekendwarrior
10-16-2007, 10:21 AM
As cheap as 26 is, I would go buy some and try it. Personally, if I were going to use 26, I would also buy 7, and apply 7, followed up by 26.

Dailyshine
10-16-2007, 10:29 AM
You might want to use a glaze as well.

I don`t have any experience with the PB, but #26 would look great on red. Top that with #7, which you should be able to find locally as well, and you`ll have a great combo.

If you are able to sneak in a order in time, RMG is another good glaze to use. Danase Wet Glaze looks great as well from what I`ve seen.

Edit: Ha, weekendwarrior beat me to it. And yeah, normally you`d put the glaze on first. I guess I just automatically thought about topping a wax with a glaze before a show on a car that already has a coat of wax on.

Good luck! Post pics!

imported_SVT Wylde
10-16-2007, 11:09 AM
I polished the truck about 4 months ago and it is still swirl free. I keep it in the garage under a car cover so I thought I might try something new. The PWC is pretty good stuff but I thought a pure carnauba wax might make it look better.

Is the #7 glaze easy to use? I was going to order some RMG but I might try it instead.

imported_weekendwarrior
10-16-2007, 11:14 AM
yes, very easy. However, the 7 goes on BEFORE the 26. Wipe the 7 on with an applicator pad. Apply 1 panel at a time, and remove. No need to let the 7 dry before removing.

Scottwax
10-16-2007, 11:18 AM
PwC followed by #26 would be killer.

imported_weekendwarrior
10-16-2007, 11:23 AM

The master has spoken. Without a doubt, I would do what Scott recommends.

NSXTASY
10-16-2007, 11:32 AM
+1 on #7 + #26, looks great on red, like above, dont let 7 dry, WOWO.

imported_Larry A
10-16-2007, 04:02 PM

This is what I would use . #7 is kinda hard to use for someone who never used it before.

imported_SVT Wylde
10-16-2007, 04:41 PM
I didn`t see any #7 at the auto parts store but I did get a bottle of #26. I`m going to try it over the PwC and see how it looks. This is the last car show of the season so I think I will buy some RMG next spring and give it a try.

This is a picture my friend took last weekend. This was taken at the wrong angle to the sun but it will give you an idea of what I am working with. This is with just PwC and Meguiars Ultimate Quick Detailer. Does UQD darken the paint? I swear after I used it the color looked darker. (which I like)

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f128/svtwylde/DSC02151.jpg

Scottwax
10-16-2007, 06:25 PM
Yes, UQD does slightly darken the paint. So does #26.

I think your best look though, would be Clearkote RMG and Carnauba Moose.

Great looking Lightning, btw. :up

kkreit01
10-17-2007, 09:51 AM
Great truck! Any suggestions here would be great. There was a thread a few weeks ago -- dedicated to "red rides". There were several pics posted.

imported_SVT Wylde
10-17-2007, 10:38 AM
Thanks guys! I didn`t see the red ride thread, I`ll have to check that out. To be honest, I don`t even like red but I got the truck for a great deal.

I`d like to try the Menzerna polish but the numbers are very confusing. I don`t really know what I need. I am using Mothers Powerpolish right now and it does a pretty good job and it`s very noob friendly.

CV_Soccer
10-17-2007, 01:40 PM
Thanks guys! I didn`t see the red ride thread, I`ll have to check that out. To be honest, I don`t even like red but I got the truck for a great deal.

I`d like to try the Menzerna polish but the numbers are very confusing. I don`t really know what I need. I am using Mothers Powerpolish right now and it does a pretty good job and it`s very noob friendly.I`m going to throw a Meguiar`s mix at you that has work very well.

1) Clay

2) Polish with #80

3) #7 if needed

4) NXT Tech Wax

5) Final top coat # 26

6) After each wash a wipe down with Ultimate Detailer.

http://www.wildensten.com/GTI/7_1.JPG

http://www.wildensten.com/GTI/5.JPG

CV_Soccer
10-17-2007, 01:51 PM
Here is a front shot with the front end cover on. Some call it a bra but this is no girly car so it must be a jock strap! :clap:

http://www.wildensten.com/GTI/JS_1.JPG