PDA

View Full Version : Zaino users: CS and Z2Pro final coat

Pages : [1] 2

imported_memnuts
10-16-2007, 07:55 AM
I was quite bored this weekend waiting for the massacre in Dallas football game. ;)

I decided to do a little experimenting with my Zaino supplies. I had been full-detailing my Z06 over the last 2 weeks and had applied a basecoat of CS (after full polishing and claying with SIP and 106ff). After the CS I applied Z5PRO/ZFX x 2 and allowed to fully cure for 2 days and Z8 the next day (Friday). At this point the paint was glowing, reflective, wet and deep and I considered myself finish. As I mentioned, I was bored waiting for the game on Sunday. I decide to test a regimen that has been running though my mind for several months. This experiment of "how can I combine the features of CS and Z2PRO. I decide to use CS as my applicator lube and Z2PRO in combo. I 1/4 spritzed my applicator and placed a 1/4" dab of Z2PRO over the CS moistened spot. Mixed together and applied a thin layer of this combo to the finish. I allowed this application to dry/cure/disappear for about 1 hour. Removal of any residue was effortless and appeared to be streakless (Millennium Yellow). Boy did this combo become rich in all the desired appearance features and was extremely slick.

If anyone has the time or curiosity given this regimen a try.:waxing:

Don`t ask for pictures or post the stupid smilie requesting such. :thx

This is not an authorize usage of these products and using this combo is performed at your own risk. In other words don`t call Sal about this combo. I detail my vehicles for fun, not for money. Experimenting is fun.:chuckle:

imported_JoshVette
10-16-2007, 11:03 AM
I`m curious how slick it would be though on a car without a few coats of Z already applied?

I have 4 coats of Z5 on my truck as well so I couldnt` tell you?

Here`s a stupid smily for ya.:p :grinno:

Josh

danforz
10-16-2007, 11:08 AM
Why not ask for pics??

Scottwax
10-16-2007, 11:13 AM
I`ve have to try that next time I use Z5. I still have about an ounce of CS.

I wonder if it would also work with Opti-Seal or Ultima PGP?

imported_memnuts
10-16-2007, 11:13 AM
Why not ask for pics??

My picture taking skills stink and the subtle differences can not be portrayed photographically.

This is just something to play with. Not a "Click and brag". :2thumbs:

imported_memnuts
10-16-2007, 11:17 AM
I`ve have to try that next time I use Z5. I still have about an ounce of CS.

I wonder if it would also work with Opti-Seal or Ultima PGP?

I would not be surprised if this type of combo worked with other WOWO`s or even other sealants.

OS/OSW????:cool:

Give it a try Scott. A full size vehicle should not require more than 10-15 Z2/5 dabs and equal number of 1/4 spritzes of CS. I can not comment if this decreases or boost durability. It may wash off after the 1st wash but this combo does produce a permanent appearing result. :nixweiss

NSXTASY
10-16-2007, 11:39 AM
I`ll give this a try, what about mixing Z2/Z5?

imported_JoshVette
10-16-2007, 11:45 AM
I`ll give this a try, what about mixing Z2/Z5?

Z5 and Z2 are nearly the same thing....

Macruz19
10-16-2007, 11:49 AM
I tried Z-8 on an applicator with Z-5. I see no differance. I`ll try Z-CS this time.

wannafbody
10-16-2007, 01:14 PM
maybe mixing CS and Z8- I like the out of the box thinking.

Pats300zx
10-16-2007, 01:49 PM
Interesting idea Edwin. I will have to give this a try next time I apply a coat of Z5

imported_memnuts
10-16-2007, 03:32 PM
Interesting idea Edwin. I will have to give this a try next time I apply a coat of Z5

Patrick,

It would be nice to get feedback on this combo applied to your Black 350Z.:wavey

Paulie Walnuts
10-16-2007, 04:15 PM
Great, something else I can blow up!

Scottwax
10-16-2007, 06:30 PM
Great, something else I can blow up!

You should be okay, this doesn`t involve a stove... http://www.scottwax.com/rice/videos/smilies/Hay.gif

danforz
10-16-2007, 06:30 PM
My picture taking skills stink and the subtle differences can not be portrayed photographically.

This is just something to play with. Not a "Click and brag". :2thumbs:

I see. Another question though, you said you wiped off the Z5 residue, what effect, if any, do you you think this may have had on the CS?