PDA

View Full Version : Hey grout sponge pusher

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

MattPersman
10-14-2007, 07:11 PM
man, I picked one up at Home Depot yesterday and washed 2 of my cars today with the ONR and the new sponge and WOW, it`s incredible. best wash media yet. thanks for posting about it in so many threads I just had to try it.

now I am seeing you post about the Ultima trim stuff and I am intrigued.

chml17l
10-14-2007, 07:29 PM
I think SpoiledMan receives kickbacks from Home Depot.:grinno:

Paulie Walnuts
10-14-2007, 07:31 PM
I think SpoiledMan receives kickbacks from Home Depot.:grinno:

Duh, you didnt know that SM was a Home Depot shill :chuckle: :chuckle:

What do those grout sponges cost? I am going to have to go try one out.

Ern
10-14-2007, 07:34 PM
Does Menards carry these?

Tuan209
10-14-2007, 07:54 PM
Its all I use now too! They cost 2-3 dollars a sponge I believe.

BigJimZ28
10-14-2007, 07:58 PM
What do those grout sponges cost?

less then $2

BlackElantraGT
10-14-2007, 08:21 PM
You really don`t need to buy more than 2 unless you like having excess products laying around. I`m still on my original 2 and it`s been some months now. If you don`t like it, you wasted less than $5 after tax. That`s cheaper than a Walmart Eurow sheepskin mitt.

Unlike microfiber mitts, after I`m done with one car, I can go straight to another car and use the same sponges since they release grit/dirt freely every time. With my mitts, I always found myself switching out after I was done with one car. The lower panels especially take a toll and after one car wash, the mitts look too grungy for me to use on another car.

Frito Bandito
10-14-2007, 09:12 PM
Crap, time to make another trip to Home Depot looking for these things.

MattPersman
10-14-2007, 09:34 PM
oh yeah how rude of me, thanks for suggesting these in like every thread. not to me specifically but to the whole place here.

I have the Eurow mitt, muppet head mitt, Schmitts, blah blah and this is just a great friggin piece of washing media. price is the best of all too.

do not know if home depot has a special sponge but it maybe worth looking into menards and lowes if they are closer to you.

Don
10-14-2007, 09:51 PM
man, I picked one up at Home Depot yesterday and washed 2 of my cars today with the ONR and the new sponge and WOW, it`s incredible. best wash media yet. thanks for posting about it in so many threads I just had to try it.

What section are they in?

MattPersman
10-14-2007, 09:52 PM
they were in the flooring area. I had to ask the folks working in that section to show me where they were. your selection/availability may vary.

itb76
10-14-2007, 09:56 PM
You really don`t need to buy more than 2 unless you like having excess products laying around...

I have one for the car and another for wheels and tires. The tire sponge will disintegrate in a month or two. Does for me anyway.

phamkl
10-14-2007, 09:56 PM
Isn`t it nice to have "one more thing that I need to get" and have it be around 2 dollars?

106FF? To hell with that; I`m getting me a grout sponge.

Just one question: does anyone know if the packaged ones (aka the ones that aren`t loose and found in some bin) are that much worse?

Don
10-14-2007, 10:04 PM
they were in the flooring area. I had to ask the folks working in that section to show me where they were. your selection/availability may vary.

Thanks much

BlackElantraGT
10-14-2007, 10:21 PM
I have one for the car and another for wheels and tires. The tire sponge will disintegrate in a month or two. Does for me anyway.

I haven`t used mine on my wheels and tires. I have multi-spoke wheels so I don`t think a grout sponge would be best suited for that as they are a bit too big, but I guess I could always cut it up.

But on paint, I have a few rips in the sponge but they`ve held up extremely well. I don`t see the need to replace them anytime soon.