PDA

View Full Version : ONR: Question regarding topping

Don GM
10-13-2007, 07:37 PM
I had a detail on a real dirty TL today. I used ONR and it came out flawless except for a few things:

-The ONR left steaks that looked that swirls in the sun, they were removed when the LSP was applied so it was clearly the left over ONR residue.

-Upon removal of the LSP there was streaking, it didn`t feel solid (hard to explain). It felt like the ONR left a slick film on the car that the lsp couldn`t really grasp.

Overall the car came out great, but it was a pain in the neck and I was worried at some points.

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
10-13-2007, 07:39 PM
I had a detail on a real dirty TL today. I used ONR and it came out flawless except for a few things:

-The ONR left steaks that looked that swirls in the sun, they were removed when the LSP was applied so it was clearly the left over ONR residue.

-Upon removal of the LSP there was streaking, it didn`t feel solid (hard to explain). It felt like the ONR left a slick film on the car that the lsp couldn`t really grasp.

Overall the car came out great, but it was a pain in the neck and I was worried at some points.

I`ve never experienced that and I even add more ONR to my bucket than is called for...

What were you using as an lsp?

Any idea what was on the car prior to you detailing it?

imported_bigfoot
10-13-2007, 07:46 PM
What dilution rate you used? And what did you use to dry? If you didn`t dry it well, or didn`t used a drying mf, the streaks might come from that. I have used ONR for quite some time and never had a problem.