PDA

View Full Version : WW`s on fire....see what happens when you boil MFs *pic*

Pages : [1] 2 3

Paulie Walnuts
10-13-2007, 01:05 AM
LONG STORY WORTH THE READ

For too long?

Well today I was out washing the Maxima and was angry that my WWs were not drying the car rather just pushing the water around. Then I thought of a post that I read here a few times saying if you towels lost their absorbency that you could boil them for a little bit in water on the stove. So I thought, what the heck I will give it a try.

I go inside grab 3 or 4 WWs, two pakshaks and one Megs I believe. I filled the pot with water and dropped the towels in and kicked the stove up to high. I can hear our new puppy whining upstairs so I run up to get him. One thing leads to another and I am responding to eMails and my puppy is curled up on my neck. I get sleepy....About Im guessing 45 minutes later our lab Molly starts barking. I smell something funny and I think to myself, did I leave a pizza in the oven? Then as if someone opened a door to create a vacuum the 3rd floor fills with smoke. I grab the puppy and run downstairs to find the entire main floor engulfed in smoke. I get both dogs outside then I run up to grab our 6 guinea pigs out of their cage and get them out. I get them in a laundry basket and as I am heading downstairs I inhale deeply the smoke and it knocked me out. I tumble down the stairs and smack my head on the wall. Guinea pigs scatter everywhere. I must have only been out a few seconds because I got up gather the girls up again and went out through the garage.

I catch my breath cover my face and head back into the house to find the WWs on fire in the pot. I move the pot off the burner and the flame goes out. I run around turning all the ceiling fans on and opening the windows. Again, inhaling this aweful smoke. I get outside and call 911 to let them know everything is ok if they got any reports. All of a sudden, I cant find Molly. To try and make this part of the short Molly freaked and took off. We found her two hours later wandering around in the townhome complex behind ours.

Our house freaking smells so bad still. We had 2nd row tickets to see comedian Jim Gaffigan tonight so we just got back and it still smells horrible, but not as bad in here. I hope it goes away in the next 5 weeks because my brother owns the place and he is going to be pissed.

Moral of the story, dont turn your back on anything on the burner much less fall a sleep.

My lungs and roof of my mouth still hurt and my chest is sore.

Now to see what it looked like:

http://i24.tinypic.com/zu```g.jpg

imported_Grouse
10-13-2007, 01:14 AM
yep look more absorbent to me. glad you are okay, Honestly it should work.

stiffdogg06
10-13-2007, 01:18 AM
Operators fault.

Glad nothing to serious happened.

Nothing a little wash with vinegar can`t fix.

NSXTASY
10-13-2007, 02:20 AM
yep look more absorbent to me. glad you are okay, Honestly it should work.

:dig Glad your alright, I`m holding back any humor, it could have been serious.

AUdakota
10-13-2007, 02:22 AM
i think some micro restore and your back in business. Melted MF`s are great for swirl free finishes.

phamkl
10-13-2007, 02:35 AM
Glad that you kept your head screwed on and took care of things. I might`ve just run out the door!

mr.ikon
10-13-2007, 02:54 AM
Oh man, glad everything is alright. Being knocked out from the smoke, now thats serious business.

Ralliart16
10-13-2007, 03:28 AM
damn! I`ve done something similar. One night I was boiling some eggs and I fell asleep.

Woke up few hours later to find the water completely evaporated and the eggs exploded all over the kitchen. That was fun cleaning up...

Lesson learned: Don`t leave items on the stove unattended!

Paulie Walnuts
10-13-2007, 03:29 AM
Oh man, glad everything is alright. Being knocked out from the smoke, now thats serious business.

Im ok, me and my boy are drinking vodka and orange crush right now so we all good

Paulie Walnuts
10-13-2007, 04:13 AM

It hurt, gotta bruise on my head.

Mark77
10-13-2007, 06:44 AM
Glad you and the dogs are ok, hope the guinea pigs are ok also. Smart dog that started barking and woke you up. I once fell asleep with a pizza in the oven and my apartment smelled for about 2 weeks after that. Some vinegar in a bowl (or a few) around the house might help to neutralize the smell.

Setec Astronomy
10-13-2007, 07:06 AM
No, you don`t understand, the WW`s got their absorbency back and sucked up all the water in the pot! Kidding, as others have said, good thing the dog woke you up if the fumes were that bad...you might never have woken up--ever, and great calm-under-pressure with getting everybody out. I`m guessing the pot is toast too?

Paulie Walnuts
10-13-2007, 07:20 AM
No, you don`t understand, the WW`s got their absorbency back and sucked up all the water in the pot! Kidding, as others have said, good thing the dog woke you up if the fumes were that bad...you might never have woken up--ever, and great calm-under-pressure with getting everybody out. I`m guessing the pot is toast too?

Yeah I thank god for that dog. I am on a new medication that makes you very drowsey and being that I am out of work I nap more now. My wife is still freaked out. The pot is fried, the very least of our worries.

Thanks for all the kind words, I am a very lucky man.

NickelPlated.45
10-13-2007, 11:45 AM
I smell something funny and I think to myself, did I leave a pizza in the oven?[/IMG]

That`s funny because i do that all the time. Way to boil your mf Bill. :)

chml17l
10-13-2007, 12:27 PM
WHB-- You don`t have any smoke alarms in your home?