PDA

View Full Version : What are your absolute must-haves?

Pages : [1] 2 3

BuffMe
10-12-2007, 12:55 PM
For me, I only have a couple at the moment as I`m trying a bunch of new cleaners/polishes/waxes/sealants to break the mold for a bit. A couple of mine for example would be Stoner`s Glass Cleaner, Meguiar`s Natural Shine Interior Detailer, and Meguiar`s #26. Stoner`s cleans glass like no other, Meguiar`s Natural Shine leaves the best looking, non-greasy, lasting protection I`ve seen, and Meguiar`s #26 is some of the best looking off the shelf pure carnauba wax I have found. Don`t get me wrong, I loves me some Menzerna polishes, but like I said I`m trying to branch out so I won`t be listing those. I`m omitting the obvious here of clay bar, wax-safe shampoo, buckets, PC, UDM, etc. But, I`m curious as to what everyone`s must-have`s are in terms of any cleaning/polishing/waxing/sealing/shining/protecting products. List what they are, why you absolutely need them, what they do for you, and some pictures are always welcome :)

stiffdogg06
10-12-2007, 01:05 PM
For me, I only have a couple at the moment as I`m trying a bunch of new cleaners/polishes/waxes/sealants to break the mold for a bit. A couple of mine for example would be Stoner`s Glass Cleaner, Meguiar`s Natural Shine Interior Detailer, and Meguiar`s #26. Stoner`s cleans glass like no other, Meguiar`s Natural Shine leaves the best looking, non-greasy, lasting protection I`ve seen, and Meguiar`s #26 is some of the best looking off the shelf pure carnauba wax I have found. Don`t get me wrong, I loves me some Menzerna polishes, but like I said I`m trying to branch out so I won`t be listing those. I`m omitting the obvious here of clay bar, wax-safe shampoo, buckets, PC, UDM, etc. But, I`m curious as to what everyone`s must-have`s are in terms of any cleaning/polishing/waxing/sealing/shining/protecting products. List what they are, why you absolutely need them, what they do for you, and some pictures are always welcome :)

Concorso, Menzerna SIP/106ff, HTEC, Vroom MF`s, GR-40, TOL foam applicators, orange LC pads, Prep Wash.

:help:

imported_weekendwarrior
10-12-2007, 01:06 PM
For me (a PC user), Meguiar`s 83 is a must. I was able to get the following results on the hood of this BMW using 83....

Hood Before

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u307/dstrum_photos/Dogs101.jpg

Hood After

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u307/dstrum_photos/Dogs118.jpg

danponjican
10-12-2007, 01:08 PM
Duragloss Aquawax.

BuffMe
10-12-2007, 01:17 PM
Don`t forget to tell why you use/like the things you are listing.

Nice pics weekendwarrior!

DrivingImpressions
10-12-2007, 01:22 PM
Looks great! weekendwarrior, what pad did you use with your PC?

imported_weekendwarrior
10-12-2007, 01:22 PM
Don`t forget to tell why you use/like the things you are listing.

Nice pics weekendwarrior!

Thanks - I guess the reason I like 83 so much is that once you get the hang of using it, it really is a versatile product. On a lot of cars, I got such a nice finish after using just 83, I didn`t even have to follow it up with 80 or 9.

I used a Meguiar`s 8006, yellow pad

BigAl3
10-12-2007, 01:33 PM
Duragloss Aquawax.

agreed, there are a few other things that i will always have in my arsenal, but this is definitely one of them!

BlackElantraGT
10-12-2007, 01:35 PM
My absolute must-have is Duragloss AquaWax

I do not detail for a living, and for my personal cars I just do not have the time to properly take care of all of them. All our cars are parked outside 24/7 and with no garage or shade to work in. Any time I have to take care of the cars is very limited, as I have to wait until the sun is about to go down, but I have to finish before it gets too dark.

After a simple wash, AW applies just as easily as using a QD, doesn`t require properly prepped surface for it to adhere, and it gives me at least a decent month of protection.

BuffMe
10-12-2007, 01:35 PM
To those that like Aquawax, what it is that makes you keep coming back? Its protection/look/ease of use/all the above?

BigJimZ28
10-12-2007, 01:39 PM
To those that like Aquawax, what it is that makes you keep coming back? Its protection/look/ease of use/all the above?

all the above + Price

it works a good as if not better then product that cost a lot more

BigAl3
10-12-2007, 01:40 PM

all the above!

BlackElantraGT
10-12-2007, 01:46 PM
all the above + Price

it works a good as if not better then product that cost a lot more

+1

Plus, you can possibly find it at your local Carquest.

imported_altez
10-12-2007, 03:30 PM
Patience ....i56

mborner
10-15-2007, 11:46 AM
Z8 and 303 Protectant.