PDA

View Full Version : Detailing and Temperature

E300Diesel
10-12-2007, 10:11 AM
Hey Guys, wanted to ask what affect(s) temperature of the environment plays on detailing results. I`m using the Optimum line and CG M-Seal. I ran a search using "temperature" but didn`t get far. It`s getting cooler and wanted to know how to handle polishing and sealing during the winter months. Mind you I`m in SC so it doesn`t get too cold but cool enough....

Any guidance is appreciated. I have a garage but I don`t have it heated.

Twista616
10-12-2007, 11:52 AM
Ive always told myself, never polish under 65-70...thats just me, everyone is different. Ideal temp is in the 70`s for me. I live in Ohio, and we should be getting snow pretty soon, so I`m out of commission unless i do them in heated garages!

stiffdogg06
10-12-2007, 12:01 PM
Ive always told myself, never polish under 65-70...thats just me, everyone is different. Ideal temp is in the 70`s for me. I live in Ohio, and we should be getting snow pretty soon, so I`m out of commission unless i do them in heated garages!

I also live in Ohio. :D

But to the original poster. I would assume that the colder weather will dry out the product faster just like more humidity would...

I guess I`ll find out soon since I get some cars to do soon.:chuckle:

E300Diesel
10-12-2007, 01:21 PM
What if I`m trying to apply my CG M-Seal... same criteria???

Haitian_King
10-12-2007, 01:21 PM
I would like to detail my car. I would really liketo use the Zaino kit. However, I live in South NJ. Everything I`ve read about the Zaino tells me that a complete wash/prep/detail is going to take about 6 hours. I don`t have access to a heated garage to keep the car out of direct sunlight/wind.

I can keep it out of direct sunlight, but not for 6 hours.

What are my other options?

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
10-12-2007, 01:32 PM
I would like to detail my car. I would really liketo use the Zaino kit. However, I live in South NJ. Everything I`ve read about the Zaino tells me that a complete wash/prep/detail is going to take about 6 hours. I don`t have access to a heated garage to keep the car out of direct sunlight/wind.

I can keep it out of direct sunlight, but not for 6 hours.

What are my other options?

Canopy tent would work

imported_bigfoot
10-12-2007, 01:40 PM
+3 for Ohio! I have read of people polishing in somehwat cold weather, never under 50F. The waxes and polishes tend to somehow not work right under this temp.

Twista616
10-12-2007, 02:20 PM
Bigfoot, what part!? I`m from NorthEast OH as well!

Haitian King, your best bet is to either buy a canopy( not sure if its worth it if its only going to be used a couple of time) or ask friends or colleauges if they have a garage you can work in for a about 6 hours...thats the only downfall to living in the city( not sure if you live directly in the city though)