PDA

View Full Version : WWs at walmart - WHERE IN WALMART

Pages : [1] 2

cvpiftw
10-12-2007, 07:26 AM
the WWs at walmart, where can i find them in walmart?

Also, do they have any good applicators at wally world, i frogot some with my AG order.

imported_weekendwarrior
10-12-2007, 07:29 AM
I get mine over in the linens section (and yes it pains me to go to that department). They are located with the dish towels, and you get a 2 pack of white WW towels (probably 16" x 24") for just a few dollars.

Pats300zx
10-12-2007, 07:31 AM
The cheap Micro Tex white/blue towels are in the Car Car Section. They are like 8 for $5 and are very cheap. I would stay away from using them on your finish. They are ok for grunge work. They do have some nice blue MF apps as well.

The two pack white WW towels are great for windows.

corvettecrazy
10-12-2007, 07:33 AM
I get mine over in the linens section (and yes it pains me to go to that department). They are located with the dish towels, and you get a 2 pack of white WW towels (probably 16" x 24") for just a few dollars.

agreed, they are with all the kitchen towels. At the walmart near me they are on the top row near the end of the section. But they are likely all different.

Macruz19
10-12-2007, 07:33 AM
WW in wal-mart? Never seen them. I see the blue MF towels that are used for drying. I was thinking about buying a set.

I do however buy the blue MF applicator pads. Great stuff.

cvpiftw
10-12-2007, 07:36 AM
are the ww towels in the lienens section ok to use on paint

not like it matters, my car needs paint correction by machine after using a snow bruch on it for years and also taking into consideration I have been using the mf towels from the auto section at walmart to apply wax :(

cvpiftw
10-12-2007, 07:38 AM
anyone have a pic of the exact things so I`m not buying the wrong thing to dry my car with

imported_weekendwarrior
10-12-2007, 07:39 AM
[quote name=`cvpiftw`]are the ww towels in the lienens section ok to use on paint

I use them for the initial drying pass, then follow them up with a regular MF when I do a traditional wash. Now, we are on water restriction, so I do QEW washes, and use regular MF towels for drying. I have never noticed any problems using them on my dark colored car when drying after a conventional wash.

cvpiftw
10-12-2007, 07:43 AM
Like the mf towels in the auto section, or the lienens ones for the complete dry?

imported_weekendwarrior
10-12-2007, 07:47 AM
I personally prefer the Meguiar`s Supreme Shine MF towels, as I feel like they are a little thicker, and better quality than what WalMart carries (plus I can buy them locally at O`Rielly). But yes, I am referring to doing the final drying pass with a regular MF towel like Walmart carries in the auto section.

cvpiftw
10-12-2007, 07:58 AM
Ok. now wjat about the ones in the linen department, are they just as good for drying, as I heard they are bigger.

Setec Astronomy
10-12-2007, 08:16 AM
anyone have a pic of the exact things so I`m not buying the wrong thing to dry my car with

There`s a whole big thread about these already http://autopia.org/forum/good-deals/69234-wws-walmart.html?highlight=WW%27s+Walmart (maybe I didn`t even have to just take this picture)

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/IMG_0763resize.JPG

These are in with the dish towels, they are 16x27, and $2.97 for a two-pack. There has been some concern that they have been discontinued, but this hasn`t been verified, to my knowledge. I find them to be every bit as good as the "real" WW`s; some members have been concerned about the edging and have seen hard spots, I haven`t seen that on mine.

I have tons of more expensive WW`s, so I tend to use these for door jambs, etc., but I consider them to be paint safe (no, I haven`t done a CD test with these). FWIW, you don`t apply the kind of pressure with a drying towel that you do when you are buffing off wax or polish residue.

Setec Astronomy
10-12-2007, 08:23 AM
But yes, I am referring to doing the final drying pass with a regular MF towel like Walmart carries in the auto section.

I have seen all different grades of towels at W-M, usually all Microtex, from the cheapo white and blue with the plasticy feel, to some really nice "detailing towels" that rivaled boutique MF`s (haven`t seen those in a long time, they were 2/$3 or $4 IIRC), and some in between. What I`m saying is it might be dangerous to say to a newb to use a "regular MF towel from W-M for a final pass" because I wouldn`t touch my paint with those low-end ones (except for gentle first pass bird crap removal).

Pats300zx
10-12-2007, 09:03 AM
There`s a whole big thread about these already http://autopia.org/forum/good-deals/69234-wws-walmart.html?highlight=WW%27s+Walmart (maybe I didn`t even have to just take this picture)

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/IMG_0763resize.JPG

These are in with the dish towels, they are 16x27, and $2.97 for a two-pack. There has been some concern that they have been discontinued, but this hasn`t been verified, to my knowledge. I find them to be every bit as good as the "real" WW`s; some members have been concerned about the edging and have seen hard spots, I haven`t seen that on mine.

I have tons of more expensive WW`s, so I tend to use these for door jambs, etc., but I consider them to be paint safe (no, I haven`t done a CD test with these). FWIW, you don`t apply the kind of pressure with a drying towel that you do when you are buffing off wax or polish residue.

YIKES....:soscared:

I hope they aren`t discontinued. I always liked these for glass work on my details. Then again..Pakshak glass towels are what I use for shows and such. I might have to stock up at Walmart.

Setec Astronomy
10-12-2007, 09:29 AM
YIKES....:soscared:

I hope they aren`t discontinued. I always liked these for glass work on my details. Then again..Pakshak glass towels are what I use for shows and such. I might have to stock up at Walmart.

Well, Pat...I think I wrote this in the other thread as well, I went to one of my local W-M`s and they didn`t have any, so I panicked, went to another, that had a few, bought them, went to a third, they had a bunch, I don`t remember if I bought all of them, but at least 5 or 6 packs...then next time I went back to my usual store, they had restocked and had tons. Some other members also mentioned that they had difficulty...maybe it was just a delayed boat from China...