PDA

View Full Version : Interior Plastic Scratches (/w pics)

My5ABaby
10-12-2007, 07:19 AM
The plastic seems pretty soft. The pillar plastic which is darker and even looks thicker was not scratched from the same object (I don`t want to get into it... :( ). I can`t feel the scratches with my fingers/fingernails. I also used 303 over it and that got some of them out (pre-picture taking), but not those pictured.

Is there any way to repair this?

I`ve read heat gun, scratch x, sanding, soft scrub, etc. I`d prefer to do the least invasive one and work my way up, assuming you think any will.

Also, is there any way to protect the pillar trim from getting beat up by the seatbelt when it retracts?

The pictures kind of show what I`m talking about but I didn`t take any pictures of the worse damage. But, it`s pretty much the same in looks. The plastic is pretty hard but it`s already showing wear from a hair over 1000mi. I try to let it go lightly after letting it back with my hand about as far as I can go, but it still kind of smacks a bit. I`m also not used to a seat belt retracting like this because my RX-7 seatbelt doesn`t really retract worth a crap (21 years old... expected).