PDA

View Full Version : can you layer a wax and sealant, tons of ?s

cvpiftw
10-12-2007, 06:52 AM
I ordered some 845, AIO, and duragloss carwash.

Now, i plan on using the AIO for oxidation, using some junk MF walmart auto stuff i have laying around, apply the 845 with a diff, but same type of MF cloth, and i wanted to use something on top of it because of winter.

Around here, i am worried that when i use a brush on my paint, that it will scratch it. What can i use to clear off my paint of snow except a brush?

audicoupej
10-12-2007, 06:55 AM
Yes, you can top the AIO with the 845IW. You shouldn`t need anything on top of the 845. If you wish apply the AIO, then 2 thin coats of 845 and you should be set for the winter.

For snow removal you can use your brush just don`t remove the snow down to the paint. I use my brush but leave 0.5" - 1" of snow on the paint and let it melt off when the car heats up, or else it blows off by the time I reach the main road.

It is impossible to remove snow, especially on a dirty car, and not put some marring in. The goal is to induce as little as possible.

cvpiftw
10-12-2007, 06:57 AM
we can get a ticket here if ALL the snow is not removed :(

BuffMe
10-12-2007, 11:17 AM
I do the same as audicoupe, just remove the snow down to about half an inch then let it melt off.

Where the F do you live that you get a ticket if you have .5" of snow on your car?

Smithule
10-12-2007, 11:37 AM
You think snow is a pain. I had two inches of Ice on my car last winter. Really screwed up my paint getting it off. Now I`ve sold that car and got covered parking.

stiffdogg06
10-12-2007, 11:41 AM
Yes, you can top the AIO with the 845IW. You shouldn`t need anything on top of the 845. If you wish apply the AIO, then 2 thin coats of 845 and you should be set for the winter.

For snow removal you can use your brush just don`t remove the snow down to the paint. I use my brush but leave 0.5" - 1" of snow on the paint and let it melt off when the car heats up, or else it blows off by the time I reach the main road.

It is impossible to remove snow, especially on a dirty car, and not put some marring in. The goal is to induce as little as possible.

I agree.

2 layers of 845 and you are SET!:woot:

cvpiftw
10-12-2007, 06:44 PM
what about using a squeege?

mikebai1990
10-13-2007, 08:05 AM
It`s very hard to guarantee that you won`t push some of the snow/ice into the paint as you squeegee the surface.