PDA

View Full Version : Paint faints

Lindsaymoka
10-12-2007, 03:59 AM
I have a Toyota. The problem is that the paint of the front part of my car has been fainted. There is one part which is darker and the other part lighter. How to restore the color uniformly. Thanks.

Lindsay

audicoupej
10-12-2007, 06:52 AM
If the paint is all OEM then it sounds like the lighter paint is oxidized. Use a polish to remove the oxidation and bring the color back. Put a coat of wax or sealant on to help prevent it from returning.

If part of the vehicle has been repainted then chances are high that the paint doesn`t match very well.

Are both the parts your comparing paint on metal? Sometimes plastic parts do not look exactly the same as metal parts.

Lindsaymoka
10-12-2007, 07:37 AM
If the car has been repainted and the color does not match. What can I do then. Thanks

Lindsay

mikebai1990
10-12-2007, 02:54 PM
Paint does not faint, it fades.

Like audicoupej, it could be oxidation. In that case, you would just polish it out. If the car was repainted and the color match was off, then you can`t do anything other than have it painted again.

Bert
10-12-2007, 03:00 PM
If the car has been repainted and the color does not match. What can I do then. Thanks

Lindsay

Do you have a camera phone or a digital camera. Seeing pics would help readers determine what the cause of fading is.