PDA

View Full Version : Blackfire Midnight Sun Ivory Carnauba

BlackElantraGT
10-10-2007, 03:11 PM
Just checked my email and found a newsletter that CMA (properautocare.com) sent me. It was an interesting little article about paste wax and apparently, it looks like they just released the new version of their Ivory Carnauba paste wax called Midnight Sun that has more carnauba content in it. I never really recalled any extensive review done on the previous product and I`m not a carnauba junkie (not yet at least), but I`m looking forward to people`s experience with this product.

It`s on sale for $60 at the moment, so that doesn`t seem all that expensive if they`re going after the Souveran market.

But IIRC, isn`t that the same picture of the Viper that they used for their previous wax? I know the differences are hard to capture to capture on film, but I would have at least used a different car or have the picture taken in a different setting.

Old Pirate
10-10-2007, 03:42 PM
That`s strange because i was there over a week ago and didn`t hear about this. Maybe they forgot to tell me about it?

BlackElantraGT
10-10-2007, 03:54 PM
I just got the email today. I signed up for their newsletter so they can tell me about deals they got going on.

Old Pirate
10-10-2007, 04:11 PM
That`s nice of them, I sign up too and never got it. I might have to stop by them soon and see for myself.

Mikeyc
10-10-2007, 04:29 PM
I just got that email today too. I do believe they used a picture of the same Viper to promote the last version of their wax, but I couldn`t say if it was the exact same picture.

imported_rydawg
10-10-2007, 05:23 PM
I just got that email today too. I do believe they used a picture of the same Viper to promote the last version of their wax, but I couldn`t say if it was the exact same picture.

I was thinking the same about the Viper.:laugh:

ThEGuN1
10-10-2007, 06:07 PM
hmmm I did not get an email.... I just came back from checking it too...

Cleaning Fool
10-10-2007, 09:53 PM
It looks to me like they just changed the name to Midnight Sun (formerly Wet Ice Over Fire)

imported_DieselMDX
10-10-2007, 09:55 PM
the wax is a diff color in the pic

BlackElantraGT
10-10-2007, 11:16 PM
It looks to me like they just changed the name to Midnight Sun (formerly Wet Ice Over Fire)

It`s still Wet Ice Over Fire Shine, according to what`s being sold on the website. The Wet Ice Over Fire Shine term refers to using the Blackfire sealant (Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection) with the carnauba paste wax over the top of it. I guess they no longer carry the previous Ivory Carnauba paste wax, just the new Midnight Sun version.