PDA

View Full Version : Megs #20 or #21

Fallz
10-10-2007, 11:31 AM
I`m going to order one of the 2 , with Wisconsin winter coming up , I also want the durability with depth , gloss , wet like with everything else...lol

I`m still confused about which Megs Qd to order ...... help me out with that please too.

BigAl3
10-10-2007, 12:00 PM
I`m going to order one of the 2 , with Wisconsin winter coming up , I also want the durability with depth , gloss , wet like with everything else...lol

#21 - Meguiar`s® M2116 Professional Synthetic Sealant

Synthetic polymer formulation provides technologically advanced paint care and protection.

Produces a noticeable deeper, darker, more reflective paint finish

Synthetic polymers deliver extreme protection

Elminates fine scratches and swirls, creating a flawless finish

Glides on easy, with a smooth, resistance-free wipe-off

I`m still confused about which Megs Qd to order.

Meguiar`s® Last Touch Spray Detailer produces incredible depth, shine and gloss. This spray-on, wipe-off product has a unique blend of polymeric lubricating agents that gently removes dust, fingerprints, smudges and other contaminants, leaving a flawless, showroom shine.

BlueZero
10-10-2007, 12:46 PM
From what I remember #20 is more for higher humidity areas. I would go with the #21 as well.

For QD, if you are looking to get a gallon I would go with Last Touch as BigAl3 suggested. The directions say it`s ready to use but I use mine at 1:1. $15 for two gallons of QD is a pretty good deal.

mongo
10-11-2007, 10:28 AM
Meg`s 20 is easier to apply/remove it more cleaners and also has waxes in it whereas 21 less cleaners pure synthetic.

M20 is also brighter than M21 you could top 20 with 21 good combo.

SilverSeven
10-11-2007, 11:28 AM
Both are pretty good. It`s hard to compare this 2 particular products. Altho M21 is more prone to streaks and product separation. U need to shake often. Even when u`re storing the M21 in ur shelfs. It`s quite durable and give a great shine. Nonetheless the M20 is also a terrific product. It is not finicky about the weather and it never fails u every single time. Both product are easy to wipe off. M20 is a little bit easier tho. Both are great product.

I read many uses Collinite 476S for winter and it`s a great product for durability and looks nice. I like it`s own look. A warm glowing shine.

For winter durability I can`t comment on it. I`m sorry. I live in Malaysia. And I never seen real snow in my entire life. Hehehe... Thus I can only help u on the product`s characteristic. So sorry. Take care. :)

imported_Yal
10-11-2007, 12:47 PM
#20 is just so easy to apply. I have applied it in high humidity, warm surface and cold dry surface. It just doesn`t really care. #21 on the other hand is a little picky but has a better look on my metallic gray, couldn`t see much of a difference between the two on pearl paint though.

sspeer
10-11-2007, 12:54 PM
I`m thinking you`d be happier with #21..it`s more balanced in the looks department.

I also like #34 for a QD during polishing since it won`t interfere with bonding or hide any defects as a more gloss enhancing QD may do

BigAl3
10-11-2007, 03:36 PM
hey Fallguy, if you decide to go with #21, i have 8oz`s for trade... http://autopia.org/forum/trading-post/97616-wtt-megs-21-mppc-10-17-a.html?highlight=plastic+cleaner

jfelbab
10-11-2007, 04:10 PM
I like #21 better than #20 for the looks. I also like to top my two coats of #21 with a coat of #16 or #26 going into the winter. Easily lasts through the Wisconsin winter.

I like the Meg`s new UQD. It`s too new to see how it deals with the snow and ice but it has shown itself to be really slick and doesn`t streak. From what I have observed with it so far I expect the snow/sleet to slide off the paint easily.

ron231
10-11-2007, 04:25 PM
I like #21 better than #20 for the looks. I also like to top my two coats of #21 with a coat of #16 or #26 going into the winter. Easily lasts through the Wisconsin winter.

I like the Meg`s new UQD. It`s too new to see how it deals with the snow and ice but it has shown itself to be really slick and doesn`t streak. From what I have observed with it so far I expect the snow/sleet to slide off the paint easily.

No ofense, but do you use anything but meguiars? Every post I see from you that is product related is about meguiars. Not saying that you shouldn`t, you should use what you like. However, in my experience, #21 is beaten easily by jetseal 109 and #26 beaten by collinite 915 in both looks and durability.

Fallz
10-11-2007, 05:16 PM

I have some #21 on order along with #40 which I really like . I also picked up a bottle of Megs UQD. I`ve only did the 4Runner with it once yesterday and it looked great , last night Im got caught in the rain, so much for enjoying the shine....lol .

jfelbab
10-11-2007, 07:02 PM
No ofense, but do you use anything but meguiars? Every post I see from you that is product related is about meguiars. Not saying that you shouldn`t, you should use what you like. However, in my experience, #21 is beaten easily by jetseal 109 and #26 beaten by collinite 915 in both looks and durability.

I still continue to try other products but I keep coming back to Meg`s. I get repeatable results from the products I use and hence something new really needs to knock my socks off for me to switch.

I`ve not used JetSeal but I have used the Collinite 476 & 915, Zymol mid grade stuff, Zaino, Duragloss, Klasse AIO & SG, Pinnacle XMT and a few others. I liked most of the products but I didn`t like them better than the results I see with #21 or #26. But that`s just my opinion and my likes and dislikes may be different than yours. Appearance wise, I still favor #21 and #26 but Zaino is decent too and Zaino does seem to last a lot longer. I just don`t get the same dripping wet look from Zaino or I`d likely switch. I get wetter looks from the Megs stuff but I am a fan of glazes and Zaino doesn`t play well with glazes.

I`ve used Meg`s stuff off and on for over 46+ years and have learned how to get good results from them. I don`t use them exclusively but they make quite a bunch of good products, IMHO. They are affordable, come with a money back guaranty, and give me the results I want so I`m not overly inclined to change unless something really stands out. I guess you can call me a Meg`s fanboy. :grinno:

Fallz
10-12-2007, 09:10 AM
I still continue to try other products but I keep coming back to Meg`s. I get repeatable results from the products I use and hence something new really needs to knock my socks off for me to switch.

I`ve not used JetSeal but I have used the Collinite 476 & 915, Zymol mid grade stuff, Zaino, Duragloss, Klasse AIO & SG, Pinnacle XMT and a few others. I liked most of the products but I didn`t like them better than the results I see with #21 or #26. But that`s just my opinion and my likes and dislikes may be different than yours. Appearance wise, I still favor #21 and #26 but Zaino is decent too and Zaino does seem to last a lot longer. I just don`t get the same dripping wet look from Zaino or I`d likely switch. I get wetter looks from the Megs stuff but I am a fan of glazes and Zaino doesn`t play well with glazes.

I`ve used Meg`s stuff off and on for over 46+ years and have learned how to get good results from them. I don`t use them exclusively but they make quite a bunch of good products, IMHO. They are affordable, come with a money back guaranty, and give me the results I want so I`m not overly inclined to change unless something really stands out. I guess you can call me a Meg`s fanboy. :grinno:

I would have to agree to a point , I have a lot of stuff in my little shop and seem to always come back to some old faithful products that I like , there is a lot of hype here about different products and although I still get sucked into trying them because like everyone else I`m an OCD detailer always in search of something mind blowing just just have not found anything like that . I do like DG products a lot and FK products a lot and Megs , which have been good performers for me .