PDA

View Full Version : More Props for ONR

Pages : [1] 2

Tommy W.
10-09-2007, 10:16 PM
:2thumbs: Wow!

Awesome stuff. I was sceptical. Great QD also, actually about the best I`ve found for black.

tw

Scottwax
10-09-2007, 10:33 PM
Brief and to the point. :up

Tommy W.
10-09-2007, 11:02 PM
man of few words

tw

Macruz19
10-10-2007, 06:15 AM
Looks like everyone likes ONR. I`m interested trying out this stuff to conserve some water.

EclassBenz
10-10-2007, 06:34 AM
i was too nervous to use it on the car so i used it on the john deere and it seemed to work great

imported_memnuts
10-10-2007, 06:35 AM
:2thumbs: Wow!

Awesome stuff. I was sceptical. Great QD also, actually about the best I`ve found for black.

tw

Tom, you are a brave man. Rinseless wash wash on black vehicle. :shocked

A full wash even with a intense pre-rinse is a threat to a dark colored vehicle.

Glad it worked out for you. :2thumbs:

BigJimZ28
10-10-2007, 10:27 AM

A full wash even with a intense pre-rinse is a threat to a dark colored vehicle.

so I take it you don`t use ONR

alot of people use it on there black cars

I use it all the time on my black 97 z28 conv.

imported_memnuts
10-10-2007, 11:21 AM
so I take it you don`t use ONR

alot of people use it on there black cars

I use it all the time on my black 97 z28 conv.

Only as a pre-polishing QD on a garaged unused since last wash vehicle, clay lube and an additive to my regular shampoo full- wash bucket.

I will say that if I still lived in New England and those winters, I would probably give it a shot as a primary cleaning tool. It is good to know there are products like QEW / ONR that will work if the situation calls for it.

Presently the risk, IMHO, is not worth the effort or my personal level of what I consider a completely cleaned vehicle. Top and bottom. Nocks and crannies.

Tommy W.
10-10-2007, 12:58 PM

The car is a Black P turbo garage queen.

Never really gets "dirty`. Mostly just the light film from whats blowing around.

Weather using a real wash or the ONR I`ve always found the tecnique with the proper washing and drying tools and using a grit gaurd in the bucket are the most important aspect of not marring the finish on black cars. Good to use the cal car duster first.

Plus a LOT of Natty`s blue:2thumbs:

tw

imported_memnuts
10-10-2007, 01:04 PM
The car is a Black P turbo garage queen.

Never really gets "dirty`. Mostly just the light film from whats blowing around.

Weather using a real wash or the ONR I`ve always found the tecnique with the proper washing and drying tools and using a grit gaurd in the bucket are the most important aspect of not marring the finish on black cars. Good to use the cal car duster first.

Plus a LOT of Natty`s blue:2thumbs:

tw

Tom,

Sounds like a very beautiful and faaaast ride. I`m another Cali duster lover for just dusty garage queens

Seems like we are on the same page in terms of washing. :2thumbs:

Milestones
10-10-2007, 01:08 PM
I used the traditional two bucket washing method for a long time and now I`ve switched to ONR and have been using it regularly for several months.

My wife`s mini-van is sapphire/dark blue and I`ve been using ONR on it with great success.

In my experience, using a very careful technique (2 bucket w/ grit guard, pre-treating each panel with QD strength ONR sprayed on before washing) there is no greater risk of marring with ONR than with a conventional wash.

Smithule
10-10-2007, 03:30 PM
Presently the risk, IMHO, is not worth the effort or my personal level of what I consider a completely cleaned vehicle. Top and bottom. Nocks and crannies.

Having water drip into every nook and cranny from spraying with water still does not make it completely clean. It is a lot more fun to use the pressure washer though :D

imported_memnuts
10-10-2007, 04:01 PM
Having water drip into every nook and cranny from spraying with water still does not make it completely clean. It is a lot more fun to use the pressure washer though :D

Water rinse at hose pressure plus Q-tips or detailing brush will get the job done.

Pressure washer plus APC does miracle for undercarriage.:secret

Old Pirate
10-10-2007, 04:09 PM
Might have to get some and try it on the wife`s beater.

Smithule
10-10-2007, 04:50 PM
Water rinse at hose pressure plus Q-tips or detailing brush will get the job done.

Pressure washer plus APC does miracle for undercarriage.:secret

I guess if it can fit in your ear it can fit just about anywhere. (that rhymes) :grinno:

I haven`t tried it yet but one of these days I will put her up on ramps and do the undercarriage. You wouldn`t just use ONR under too??