PDA

View Full Version : I just don`t see why everyone misses this??

Pages : [1] 2 3

Easto
06-25-2005, 01:46 PM
Hi,

New here. I`ve been looking at a lot of the pics and there are some great ones. But what I don`t understand is why people leave those stupid license plate frames (from the dealers) on a car after they`ve done an incredible detail job on a car?

Everytime I see a dealers license plate frame on a beautiful car I just laugh.

Take those damn things off!

BTW.,
nice to meet everyone
Easto

Bill D
06-25-2005, 02:12 PM
AMEN! It`s a big pet peeve of mine and I don`t get it either :dunno

Not only does it detract from the look of the car IMO, it`s providing free advertising for the dealer. Different story if one is a dealer/employee of a dealership.

Same thing for those awful decals, both plastic and plastic,pin stripe like.

I always made it a point that my dealer was never to apply either to my vehicles.

Certainly, after a beautiful detail job, ditch the dealer frames and decals and go with a nice quality, frame if it fits the look of the particular vehicle :bigups

Nice to meet you too Easto. :welcome

JaredPointer
06-25-2005, 02:49 PM
:welcome. Tru dat. :D

SilverLexus
06-25-2005, 03:07 PM
I like the frameless look myself. :)

Koop
06-26-2005, 01:28 PM
As much as I agree that they are ugly as sin I am not going to remove something from a clients car unless they ask me to. *shrug*

EricZ
06-27-2005, 07:28 PM
No kidding. It is pretty weird. The worst is when people buy a used car from a new car dealer that sells a different brand. The other day I saw a Honda with Butterfield FORD on the plate frame AND a Ford sticker and the dealer`s address on the trunklid. Grrrr.

The Fuzz
06-27-2005, 07:54 PM
I remember once I had a dealer frame on my car for 10 years. The screws rusted so bad that when I tried to remove them they just stripped out. I never did get the frame off... lol That was back before I was smoooooooooth. :naughty

Ben Kenobi
06-28-2005, 01:11 AM
I couldn`t agree more with you guys. I`m not advertising for the dealer and all the stickers and crap they put on looks tacky and busy. I do have a cover over my plate to protect it, sure makes washing it a lot easier. You sure can tell the people who buy a car used when it`s from another brand of dealer. Mmm, doesn`t that Honda look good with the Saturn dealers frame? Oooh.. I have to get one!

:hurl

Paul

tyltan
06-29-2005, 09:34 PM
I am glad that I am not the only one. The first thing. Very first thing I bought a car was to take the dealer license plate cover off. My last 2 cars, my wife thought that I am crazy. I took the screw drivers (philip and flat head) with me to the dealer to pick up the cars. After drove the car off the dealer, I pulled into the next parking lot and took the cover off. I don`t wear clothes with logo on the shirt either. Especially, the Polo shirt with the horse.

joyriide1113
06-29-2005, 10:07 PM
I am glad that I am not the only one. The first thing. Very first thing I bought a car was to take the dealer license plate cover off. My last 2 cars, my wife thought that I am crazy. I took the screw drivers (philip and flat head) with me to the dealer to pick up the cars. After drove the car off the dealer, I pulled into the next parking lot and took the cover off. I don`t wear clothes with logo on the shirt either. Especially, the Polo shirt with the horse.

tru, but the shirt issue is soemthing else... whats wrong with the little horsey?

tyltan
06-30-2005, 12:46 AM
tru, but the shirt issue is soemthing else... whats wrong with the little horsey?

My wife asked me the same question. To me, it`s a representative of "yuppy". On the other hand, I am driving a 04 Mercedes E320. Sorry, I can`t explain it. :beer

Craigster
06-30-2005, 06:59 AM
I`m with you guys. I wont hand a check to a dealer until they remove their advertising.

I vote for "Poorboys World" plate frames to replace the dealership frames. anyway....

Focusedonsound
06-30-2005, 07:04 AM
I`m with you guys. I wont hand a check to a dealer until they remove their advertising.

I vote for "Poorboys World" plate frames to replace the dealership frames. anyway....

HMM Poorboys licence plate frames..."Not a Lot of Money But What a Frame"?

I wonder if steve Has that licence plate POORBOY

When I bought my mustang the car had no stickers on it and no plate frames on it as it sat in the dearlship lot. I told my sales rep .. that if he was to put ANYTHING that said the Dealers name on it I would cancel the deal! I told him I was saving him money in the wrong run becuaes I would just take it off when I got home and throw it out!

69 GTO Judge
06-30-2005, 07:30 AM
HMM Poorboys licence plate frames..."Not a Lot of Money But What a Frame"?

I wonder if steve Has that licence plate POORBOY

I am sure if he does not have one yet, he will by the time the August Poorboys picnic comes around.. :lmfao :rolling

Ferrarislave
06-30-2005, 12:47 PM

Agree with plate frames, but im a designer clothes junky, Polo, Etro, Prada, Gucci, Salvatore I don`t find a problem with designers showing off their logos on their products.