PDA

View Full Version : New To This Forum: Zaino product questions

mattgg11
10-08-2007, 03:26 PM
I`ve been perusing this website for several weeks and read lot of posts (both old and new), although this is my first post.

I currently maintain two daily driven vehicles that see lots of miles. While I`d love to have a 100% blemish-free show car finish, my main concern is long-lasting protection that will hold up over time.

I`m a new Zaino user that started off small on my first order, as I was somewhat skeptical of the product claims. I currently use Z-AIO followed by a Z-2PRO, and I`m extremely pleased with both of these products. Now for my questions...

1) Given my circumstances, would I benefit from using Z-6, Z-8, or both? I understand that Z6 is a quick detail spray an Z8 is similar but provides additional protection/shine, correct? My cars get driven daily and get dirty fairly quickly, so I will NEVER do a quick wipedown in place of thoroughly washing the vehichles (which I do about once/week).

Would I have a need for Z6? If not, it seems like Z8 would be better because of the additional protection it offers when applied after a fresh wash. However, does it provide a noticeable level of protection? If not, I`d rather just save my money and continue to apply Z2 every 2-3 months.

2) Would the Z-7 Wash be better for my needs than the Meguire`s Gold Class Wash I currently use? I don`t mind spending the money for Z7 if there are tangible benefits over Meguire`s, but I question whether it would be a noticeable/significant improvement (keeping in mind that these vehicles are driven fairly hard, are not pampered, and are not show cars).

3) If Z-AIO is supposed to be used as sparingly as Z-2PRO, then why is it sold in a bottle twice the size of Z-2?

I`m sure this has been discussed ad nauseum, but I tried several different searches and received the following message every time: "The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search."

Please feel free to refer me to old threads. Thanks in advance for your responses.

NSXTASY
10-08-2007, 09:13 PM
I`ve been perusing this website for several weeks and read lot of posts (both old and new), although this is my first post.

I currently maintain two daily driven vehicles that see lots of miles. While I`d love to have a 100% blemish-free show car finish, my main concern is long-lasting protection that will hold up over time.

I`m a new Zaino user that started off small on my first order, as I was somewhat skeptical of the product claims. I currently use Z-AIO followed by a Z-2PRO, and I`m extremely pleased with both of these products. Now for my questions...

1) Given my circumstances, would I benefit from using Z-6, Z-8, or both? I understand that Z6 is a quick detail spray an Z8 is similar but provides additional protection/shine, correct? My cars get driven daily and get dirty fairly quickly, so I will NEVER do a quick wipedown in place of thoroughly washing the vehichles (which I do about once/week).

Would I have a need for Z6? If not, it seems like Z8 would be better because of the additional protection it offers when applied after a fresh wash. However, does it provide a noticeable level of protection? If not, I`d rather just save my money and continue to apply Z2 every 2-3 months.

2) Would the Z-7 Wash be better for my needs than the Meguire`s Gold Class Wash I currently use? I don`t mind spending the money for Z7 if there are tangible benefits over Meguire`s, but I question whether it would be a noticeable/significant improvement (keeping in mind that these vehicles are driven fairly hard, are not pampered, and are not show cars).

3) If Z-AIO is supposed to be used as sparingly as Z-2PRO, then why is it sold in a bottle twice the size of Z-2?

I`m sure this has been discussed ad nauseum, but I tried several different searches and received the following message every time: "The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search."

Please feel free to refer me to old threads. Thanks in advance for your responses.

1) Z8 is almost a must have from the Zaino line, IMO. A QuickDetailer (QD) is nice to have to do a final buff after you remove the Z2, but not necessary. Z8 isn`t a quick detailer and is great for after a wash when your not applying Zaino. In the future if you find a need for a QD, consider picking up a gallon of Meguiars Last Touch, good lubricity to use when drying, and decent cleaning ability @ $25/gallon.

2) Gold class is fine, wash soap is a preference depending on your needs. When you use it all up consider trying out a new soap. Duragloss 901 is a good alternative to Z7. However, Z7 is a great wash, a little pricey though.

3) Like almost all Zaino products, less is more. I find that I use more ZAIO per application than Z2/Z5, that may account for the apparent discrepancy.

Macruz19
10-08-2007, 09:31 PM
Z-6 is the quick detailer of the Z line. If you want to maintain the shine and small clean ups instead of washing, then I`d get a bottle of Z-6.

Z-8 has no cleaning agents, but it`s a spray sealant. Most use Z-8 after a car wash, and some use it after an application of Zaino. If you want to go the extra mile and beyond, then this is the product to make make your car stand out. You`ll notice a differance using Z-8. Remember.. it`s a spray sealant, not a QD.

Since you`re using Zaino, I would go ahead an purchase the Z-7 car wash, however you can still use any OTD car wash product.

Since you have Z-AIO and Z-2 pro, just maintain with Z-6 for light dust, or bugs in the front when you can`t do a car wash. If you wash with Z-7, you can use Z-6 to maintain the slickness, or go all out and use Z-8.

Z-AIO should be used every few months. If you think you keep your cars clean all the time, just wait till you run Z-AIO and you`ll see how dirty they paint is despite washing weekly. Remember, Z-AIO will remove your layers of Zaino because it`s a cleaner and polish with mild abrasives. It`s great of daily drives because it cleans, polish, and protects with any LSP needed, but I suggest you still top it off with Z-2pro to bring the gloss and clarity of your car. :usa

Macruz19
10-08-2007, 09:35 PM
:welcome to the board. You will be happy using the Z line.

wannafbody
10-08-2007, 09:36 PM
So many people have complained about the small 8 oz sizes from Zaino that Sal probably figured he`d sell a larger bottle hoping pros and weekend warriors would buy it. Z8 really adds some kick to your finish.

Macruz19
10-08-2007, 09:37 PM
So many people have complained about the small 8 oz sizes from Zaino that Sal probably figured he`d sell a larger bottle hoping pros and weekend warriors would buy it. Z8 really adds some kick to your finish.

I know he`s working on a gallon size. I can`t wait. I just restocked on 3 bottles of Z-6 to last me about a year.

simracer
10-08-2007, 11:52 PM
I sort of figured it might be bigger since it is technically an All in One product that could be used by itself. I don`t know of too many people who don`t follow it with Z2, Z5, ZCS or umpteen layers of one, both or all three. :)

ron231
10-09-2007, 12:38 AM
You might also want to consider more prep than just ZAIO... Remember, 90% looks 10% prep.

Also putting a sealant over paint that is not clayed and polished is not really going to last as lng or protect as well as it would if the paint were prepped.

However, if you use ZAIO over and over frequently it will eventually add up to the amount of correction achieved by a proper polishing, it will just take time.

imported_rydawg
10-09-2007, 01:35 AM

Gallon sizes would be great.

Z8 is a must have along with Z6 too.

mattgg11
10-09-2007, 10:02 AM
Thanks to everyone who has responded to my questions.

You might also want to consider more prep than just ZAIO... Remember, 90% looks 10% prep.

Also putting a sealant over paint that is not clayed and polished is not really going to last as lng or protect as well as it would if the paint were prepped.

However, if you use ZAIO over and over frequently it will eventually add up to the amount of correction achieved by a proper polishing, it will just take time.

I should mention that I do clay the vehicles before applying Z-AIO. I was undecided which clay to use, so I went out and bought the Meguire`s, Mother`s, and Clay Magic kits. However, I`ve only used the Meguire`s and may return the other two. Any opinion on which OTC clay system is the best?

Also, you mention the need for polishing, in addition to clay and Z-AIO. Do you have any recommendations on polishing products that can be applied by hand?

mattgg11
10-09-2007, 10:28 AM
:welcome to the board. You will be happy using the Z line.

Thank you for the welcome.

I am extremely happy with the Z-AIO and Z-2 products. They are vastly superior the the OTC Meguire`s products I used in the past (which might not be saying much).

I`m getting ready to make my second Zaino order and looking for some advice. At a minimum, I plan to order:

1) Z-7 Wash: I doubt it will replace Meguire`s Gold Class wash, since it is expensive and must be ordered, but thought I`d try it once.

2) Z-16 Tire Gloss: I haven`t read a single bad review

3) Z-8: Expensive, but I`ll give it a try

I don`t think I will have a use for Z-6. I feel my car gets too dirty to use a QD on, since it never has just a light layer of dust, even after just one daily commute. I`d feel better just washing once/week then use Z-8.

Any other product suggestions?

Macruz19
10-09-2007, 10:34 AM
Thank you for the welcome.

I am extremely happy with the Z-AIO and Z-2 products. They are vastly superior the the OTC Meguire`s products I used in the past (which might not be saying much).

I`m getting ready to make my second Zaino order and looking for some advice. At a minimum, I plan to order:

1) Z-7 Wash: I doubt it will replace Meguire`s Gold Class wash, since it is expensive and must be ordered, but thought I`d try it once.

2) Z-16 Tire Gloss: I haven`t read a single bad review

3) Z-8: Expensive, but I`ll give it a try

I don`t think I will have a use for Z-6. I feel my car gets too dirty to use a QD on, since it never has just a light layer of dust, even after just one daily commute. I`d feel better just washing once/week then use Z-8.

Any other product suggestions?

As for Z-7 and Z-8, you can give those 2 a try because the price is a little high, but I`m sure you`ll love the results Z-8 brings.

Z-16 is also a good purchase and little product goes a long way.

If you have leather I would get Z-9 (cleaner) and Z-10 (conditoner). Excellent products and I love the smell!