PDA

View Full Version : Duragloss 921 or Clearkote Quickshine?

violentveedub
10-08-2007, 02:34 PM
Does anyone have a definite opinion on which of these is better? I currently use and like the 921 but I`ve heard Quickshine is to die for.

Since I`m using a lot more QD these days I`d like to get at least a gallon and like to get the best.

Only post if you`ve actually used both, thank you. I can read stuff on the interweb all day also. Don`t post recommendations of other QD`s to try either, I`m set on one of these (or the DG marine detailer)

I currently use DG products to wash and seal if that makes a diff. AW + 105.

NSXTASY
10-08-2007, 03:19 PM
QS is great because its very versatile, I often use it to do a quick wipe of the interior. It looks great on both carnubas and sealants, and is reasonably priced. I think Danase carries it for $30 + autopia discount. It also comes concentrated, shipping is a bit less.

921/521? Are both good, however, i havent found them to be as versatile as QS. 521 leaves a bit of protection behind, and is much better @ cleaning than FCS/921 IMO.

My vote goes to QS.

RobD
10-08-2007, 04:16 PM
I`ve been using 521 lately and I like it a lot. QS is very good, too, but I think 521 looks a bit better.. glossier. They`re both slick during application and afterward, MF towels don`t drag at all. QS is a great product, but I wouldn`t say it`s to die for.

521 seems a little more concentrated than standard mix QS. (QS ships in concentrated form. You must add water to a mark on the container. You could add less water if you wanted it stronger, but you`d have less product and I`m not sure how well it would work.)

QS is good for a lot of surfaces (granite counter tops, furniture, etc.), but if you`re just using it on your car, I say buy 521.

TigerMike
10-08-2007, 04:23 PM
I`d stick with the Duragloss QDs since you`re using the DG sealants.

ricka
10-08-2007, 05:04 PM
+1 on 521. I tend to mix it 70/30 with DG Aquawax for best of both worlds.

Rock
10-08-2007, 08:55 PM
+1 for #521 , I am impress with it . The cleaning and gloss is great !!

Gen2
10-09-2007, 04:09 AM
I have used both 921 and QS, I find 921 easier to use and leave a glossier look as mentioned by RobD. Whereas QS is a very versatile product (as mentioned by NSXTASY) that leaves a deeper carnauba look on the car.

I wouldn`t say which is better but since you have already used 921, why not just pick up a 16oz bottle of QS to give it a try and decide on your own. Even if you don`t like the look of QS on your car, you still can use it on the interior and the glass panels.

violentveedub
10-09-2007, 07:19 AM
It seems like most are going with DG and the few that say Quickshine are standing on the base of being able to use it on the interior and glass. I actually use 921 on the dash and windows(outside) so I suppose I`ll stick with DG. I`ll pick up the marine detailer this time.

Excellent feedback on this thread, thanks to everyone!

Fallz
10-09-2007, 06:10 PM
I`m probably one of the only few who thinks nothing of QS or CK products . Never liked the stuff.