PDA

View Full Version : I need a decent compound & Wax

SVTsupremecy
10-08-2007, 11:34 AM
Ok so ive started doing some details for a few buddies on the side and i need some product advice. So far my polish combo is the usual Menz SIP/106. however im looking for something that might cut a little bit more for those harder jobs. I have clearkote compound but im not sure if its any more powerful then SIP (i was looking into Menz Powergloss). Another product im needing is a good wax. Im looking at the Collinite waxes and the Clearkote liquid waxes...my price range is $20-40. I work on mostly dark colored cars FYI.

mr.ikon
10-08-2007, 01:33 PM
Powergloss would be a great compound. Or you can look into the Hi Temp line. As far as a nice wax, what have you used and which did you like best? Why not stick with what you`ve got now

SVTsupremecy
10-08-2007, 01:43 PM
Ive only really been seriously into detailing for about 3-4 months. The only waxes ive ever used are Megs gold class and Nattys blue. and since im detailing someones car (black), i wanted to try something new. Ive been looking into Souveran but im not sure if its worth $70 i mean how many uses do you get out of a jar of this stuff? and it only lasts a few weeks. I kinda wanted something in the middle around $30-40 with good looks and decent durability.

violentveedub
10-08-2007, 02:28 PM
I kinda wanted something in the middle around $30-40 with good looks and decent durability.

ClearKote`s CMW sounds like it would be right there. I haven`t used it though, I`m just going off of opinions posted...

sspeer
10-08-2007, 02:39 PM
How about Meg`s #26? I love the `glow` and I get a couple months out of it...hard to beat for $10-$12

mr.ikon
10-08-2007, 03:22 PM
natty`s blue should work well for dark colored cars. and if you are applying the wax thin, then you should get plenty of uses from it.

Tony@Cherished
10-08-2007, 03:28 PM
PowerGloss is a good idea, also Sonus SFX1 breaks down to a nice finish.

How about Swissvax Onyx for your wax, much underated IMO. Has the performance of many more expensive choices.

NSXTASY
10-08-2007, 03:38 PM
Rotary or DA?

HT HC (DA) or HT EC (Rotary)

Wax: FK1 1000P (synthetic) or FK1 Pink Wax, both durable, great value, and good looking

Sealant: Ultima/Opti-Seal/Danase Paint Sealant