PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Werkstatt Acrylic Jett Question

BBS01
10-07-2007, 09:29 PM
How long do you fellas let the sealant haze for? Today was around 78 degrees and I let it properly haze (around 2-3 minutes) and it was a nightmare to buff out! I did this to 3 panels and for the rest of the car I let it sit for around 30 seconds and immediately buffed it out (carnauba style.) Am I completely forgoing a potentially critical stage by not letting it completely haze/dry? I hope I don`t have to re-do the car again. :wall :wall :mad: :mad: :sadwavey: :sadwavey:

MattPersman
10-07-2007, 09:43 PM
I basically put it on 1 panel and wipe it off. like you, if you leave it haze too long it becomes difficult.

BBS01
10-07-2007, 09:45 PM
I haven`t really tested the durability on both methods, though, both sides of the car feel the same. Hoping anybody with firsthand durability issues can attest to which method they used.

stiffdogg06
10-07-2007, 09:46 PM
I`ve found the AJ is a love or hate kind of thing. You need to spread it very very very thin and I usually am able to take it off with ease. But if you get a spot with too much, it is like you said a PITA.

MattPersman
10-07-2007, 09:54 PM
I`ve found the AJ is a love or hate kind of thing. You need to spread it very very very thin and I usually am able to take it off with ease. But if you get a spot with too much, it is like you said a PITA.

yes I agree, I do not like it on 2 of my cars, but the other 2 it is just fine. just takes some trial and error of application style/method

BBS01
10-07-2007, 09:58 PM
yes I agree, I do not like it on 2 of my cars, but the other 2 it is just fine. just takes some trial and error of application style/methodLOL. Agreed completely. First time using it, I tried different methods on each panel. Thin and quick wipe I found was the best.

Scottwax
10-07-2007, 10:26 PM
If you apply it then lightly work it in until it nearly clears, then wipe off immediately or an hour later and it comes off with no problem.

Frito Bandito
10-07-2007, 10:32 PM
Or just get AJT. :)

Z K
10-08-2007, 04:26 PM
I apply AJ with a damp foam applicator... it makes it easy to apply when it is wet. Then I immediately buff it off while still wet on the paint. I find if I leave it on the paint to dry, the AJ is hard to buff off and leaves streaks.

BBS01
10-08-2007, 07:33 PM
I apply AJ with a damp foam applicator... it makes it easy to apply when it is wet. Then I immediately buff it off while still wet on the paint. I find if I leave it on the paint to dry, the AJ is hard to buff off and leaves streaks.Exactly what I do now. I was just skeptical as to whether or not letting it haze increases its durability.